1965 Elan S2 Being offered as is or finished, your choice.

PostPost by: memini55 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Looking to sell one of my projects as I need to fund another. This Elan was purchased a couple years ago from St Louis and trailed to Mount Vernon, Iowa. I have done many items for a frame off restoration. I have striped to a bare chasis and blasted chasis and installed several modifications, then the frame was powder coated. It has been re-assembled with all new poly bushings and hardware. I have installed cv half shafts, adjustable spring perches and stainless flex lines. The motor has been freshly rebuilt, bored, balanced and blue printed. Head totally rebuilt with new guides, seats, values and cams reprofiled to DB 114R. New water pump kit, pan was baffled and all new clutch parts. Motor has been reinstalled in the chasis with a freshened gearbox.
The drive train is almost ready for a body to be installed. The body has had most of the glass repaired and needs to be sanded, filled and made ready for paint. The doors, bonnet and boot are all in good shape and removed from the shell. The interior is complete and in very good condtion since the car had sat for nearly 20 years with the PO. The dash still has the original teak finish and is in good condition. All glass windows and windshield are in good condition.
I have taken photos of every step of the process from my purchase forward and can share with anyone interested. This will not be cheap and I will either sell now unfinsihed or we can talk about a finished, fully restored Elan with a finish color of your choice. This should provide a great opportunity for anyone looking for an early Elan. I have a hardtop which also could be made available if someone wishes.
Don't even ask about parting out bits and pieces as it won't happen. I am only selling this to fund another project which is more important to me. I have all documented reciepts of all work to this point and will share with anyone interested. I will attach a couple photos and you can email me for more. Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them. The car is located in rural Mount Vernon, Iowa USA.
You can email me at [email protected] or give me a call to discuss at 319.329.7110 or contact thru this site.
Attachments
Rear Assembly.jpg and
Frame after powder coating and assembled with new parts
Framework.jpg and
Added support to frame.
As Purchased.jpg and
Elan on the day of purchase from previous owner.
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: