Sprint DHC in Brisbane - price dropped

PostPost by: rowanjackson » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi all, I have decided to sell my Elan and devote some time to my young son instead!

Built February 1971 and first registered in August 1971. This all white from the factory drop head coup? was extensively modified in 1975 for the British racing driver Mike Yardley. It was used in hill climbs. Modifications undertaken at that time were boring and sleeving the block to 86.5mm (giving a capacity of 1850cc), fitting of L1 camshafts (it presently has standard Sprint cams), Cosworth dry sump pump with sump tank mounted in the boot, Dellorto DHLA 45s, Salisbury LSD, solid driveshafts, strengthening of wishbones, 26R magnesium knock on wheels, pedal box and dual master cylinders and balance bar and ultra close ratio gearbox.

At about the same time, the front wheel arches and the headlights were modified to 26R specs. The car was fitted at the same time with an aluminium bonnet and boot lid. A Lenham rollbar was fitted and the car also comes with a hard top supplied by them.

In 1979 a later owner of the car brought it to Australia and the car was in Melbourne between 1979 and 2002. The owner previous to me bought the car at that time and it went to Perth. The engine gearbox and diff were rebuilt.

I purchased the car only about 12 months ago with a view to doing some further modifications and some works by way of tidying the car up and making it as reliable as possible. What I did not consider at the time was the extent of my work and family commitments. I simply don?t have time to do the work!

I have purchased numerous parts from Tony Thompson Racing which I intended to fit. These were at a cost of about $7,500. They are all well sorted sensible modifications and upgrades. The car also comes with a spare bonnet, bootlid and passenger side door, cylinder head, new steel crank, rods and flywheel and a spare semi close ratio gearbox. I spent about another $3,000 on other bits and pieces.

A excellent opportunity for someone with the time to fit the parts!

$40,0000 AUD with all the parts, or open to offers otherwise
There are photos of the car on the link below and I can send a list of the parts to those who are interested. This is a genuine reluctant sale, but the car will be sold for the best I can get for it. At the current price it is well over $10,000 less than it has cost me. I am also happy to sell the car by itself and I am open to offers.
Rowan Jackson 0411 596437 or [email protected]

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... 0F697BFBF7
Attachments
Elan.jpg and
Elan 3.jpg and
Last edited by rowanjackson on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
rowanjackson
New-tral

PostPost by: rowanjackson » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 am

I have just realised that the link I gave to Carsales doesn't work. I still have this car and it is gathering far more dust than it should sitting under the house. Someone should make me an offer!

rowanjackson wrote:Hi all, I have decided to sell my Elan and devote some time to my young son instead!

Built February 1971 and first registered in August 1971. This all white from the factory drop head coup? was extensively modified in 1975 for the British racing driver Mike Yardley. It was used in hill climbs. Modifications undertaken at that time were boring and sleeving the block to 86.5mm (giving a capacity of 1850cc), fitting of L1 camshafts (it presently has standard Sprint cams), Cosworth dry sump pump with sump tank mounted in the boot, Dellorto DHLA 45s, Salisbury LSD, solid driveshafts, strengthening of wishbones, 26R magnesium knock on wheels, pedal box and dual master cylinders and balance bar and ultra close ratio gearbox.

At about the same time, the front wheel arches and the headlights were modified to 26R specs. The car was fitted at the same time with an aluminium bonnet and boot lid. A Lenham rollbar was fitted and the car also comes with a hard top supplied by them.

In 1979 a later owner of the car brought it to Australia and the car was in Melbourne between 1979 and 2002. The owner previous to me bought the car at that time and it went to Perth. The engine gearbox and diff were rebuilt.

I purchased the car only about 12 months ago with a view to doing some further modifications and some works by way of tidying the car up and making it as reliable as possible. What I did not consider at the time was the extent of my work and family commitments. I simply don?t have time to do the work!

I have purchased numerous parts from Tony Thompson Racing which I intended to fit. These were at a cost of about $7,500. They are all well sorted sensible modifications and upgrades. The car also comes with a spare bonnet, bootlid and passenger side door, cylinder head, new steel crank, rods and flywheel and a spare semi close ratio gearbox. I spent about another $3,000 on other bits and pieces.

A excellent opportunity for someone with the time to fit the parts!

$40,0000 AUD with all the parts, or open to offers otherwise
There are photos of the car on the link below and I can send a list of the parts to those who are interested. This is a genuine reluctant sale, but the car will be sold for the best I can get for it. At the current price it is well over $10,000 less than it has cost me. I am also happy to sell the car by itself and I am open to offers.
Rowan Jackson 0411 596437 or [email protected]

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... 0F697BFBF7
rowanjackson
New-tral

PostPost by: rowanjackson » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:15 am

Further price drop to $37,500
rowanjackson
New-tral

Total Online: