Lotus on Ice

PostPost by: jfornarola » Wed May 20, 2015 2:52 am

Photo taken by my wife this morning (Sunday May 19, 2015) while traveling South from Custer, South Dakota heading back to Denver, Colorado. The previous day we had the top down in sunshine for part of the day while touring Devils Tower, WY and some other small towns and great driving canyons.

In typical Lotus fashion, the tach stopped working, the defrost fan was working on one speed (high fortunately) and there were only a few drips per mile from the top. Traveling about 70mph there was a fine mist working its way between the rear portion left door (drivers) onto the carpeting (and my back).

All in all a very nice road trip with about 40 participants in 22 cars from our local club (LOCO).
Attachments
Elan in Snow.jpg and
Somewhere in South Dakota
jfornarola
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed May 20, 2015 5:21 am

Apt name....... LOCO

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Europatc » Wed May 20, 2015 5:16 pm

Good to see them being used as they should be and not just in the sunshine
all the best
Stuart
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: archigator » Wed May 20, 2015 9:31 pm

This photo was taken on my way to LOG 32, driving through Tropical Storm Sandy in 2012. Ironically, this was on the "Sunshine State Parkway" in Florida. Funny how similar this photo is with yours. :wink: (That's an Elise on a trailer up ahead.) My wipers froze at "mid-wipe" halfway to Orlando.

Gary
'71 Sprint FHC
Miami, Florida
Attachments
T.S. Sandy on the Sunshine Parkway.jpg and
Somewhere in South Florida
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jfornarola » Thu May 21, 2015 12:51 am

Thank you for the replies. We do tend to drive them with some spirit. You thought I was going to say elan didn't you! :D

Gary - It's scary how similar the photos are. Hope you're coming to LOG35 in Colorado Springs. We can park our cars together along with the photos.
jfornarola
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: archigator » Thu May 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Unfortunately, I can't make it to LOG35, but I'm sure Denver is going to be a great venue!

Gary
'71 Sprint FHC
Miami, Florida
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: