Off road in a +2

PostPost by: JJDraper » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:58 am

A couple of weeks ago, my Sunday afternoon 'joyride' went a bit sour.. Yes I lost it on the exit of a roundabout. My excuse is the amount of mud on the road, but the end result is the same - I lost the tail end and the car hit a concrete kerb, partially jumped it, went sideways into a post, before coming back on the road. Spyder now have the car while we sort out the insurance claim for the damage, which is surprisingly high! The front left wheel clouted the kerb, bending the front suspension inwards, then the inside of the right front wheel clouted the kerb, bending the nice TT shocks. The inside of the rear right hand wheel also hit the kerb, smashing the alloy and bending the drive shaft and rear wishbone. Surprisingly, the car was still driveable and I limped home.

In the cold light of day I was lucky; the bodywork is still mostly ok, the clout on the rear flank is an easy repair. Andy at Spyder will make it all better, but my wounded pride will take longer. After visiting the Spyder workshop yesterday, I can count myself lucky... Someone has had a far worse day than me in their +2 and apparently walked away, although the front end damage is severe, I mean really bad!

Jeremy
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Oh Jeremy,

What bad luck mate. The end result as you say could have ben much worse though and at least no one was hurt.

Your car will repair & I am sure I will not be alone in wishing it a speedy recovery and that you get back to enjoying driving it as soon as possible.

So sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident.

All the best & I do hope you get it back soon.

Alex B..... :cry: :cry:
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Bad luck Jeremy. As Alex said - at least noone was hurt. Bet it'll be back on the road before long.

Unlike my knee. My little lad managed to knock me off balance at the top of the last piste on the last day of skiing. The cute french mountain rescue girl was very sympathetic. Anyway it'll be fine after an operation and 9 months. Bother.

Regards.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: