SOME SAGE ADVICE

PostPost by: archigator » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:11 am

Always wear a seatbelt... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

...and here are instructions on how to build your own approved alien "thought screen helmet." :shock:

http://www.stopabductions.com/

Quote from former alien abductee and satisfied thought screen helmet user: "Since trying ... the (alien thought screen) Helmet, I have not been bothered by alien mind control. Now my thoughts are my own. I have achieved meaningful work and am contributing to society."

I don't know if it adversely affects radio reception in an Elan however...

Gary
'71 Sprint FHC
Miami, Florida
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:05 am

I didnt see a 'snell approved 'sticker on any of the helmets ----ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Galwaylotus » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:04 am

twincamman wrote::roll: THEY ARE UP THERE :roll: DRINK STRONG AMBER LIQUIDS AS A DETERRENT :roll: AND BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR RISING GARBAGE CAN LIDS :roll: AND KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR KLAATEN AND GORT :wink: E:

Sure, Gort is only a few miles down the road from here! It's on the way to Ennis and Limerick. :wink:
Mechanical Engineer, happily retired!

'67 S3 SE FHC

See Facebook page: W J Barry Photography

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Galwaylotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Galwaylotus wrote:
twincamman wrote::roll: THEY ARE UP THERE :roll: DRINK STRONG AMBER LIQUIDS AS A DETERRENT :roll: AND BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR RISING GARBAGE CAN LIDS :roll: AND KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR KLAATEN AND GORT :wink: E:

Sure, Gort is only a few miles down the road from here! It's on the way to Ennis and Limerick. :wink:

And speaking of Limerick:

There was a young man of Australia,
Who went on a wild bacchanalia.
He buggered a frog,
Two mice and a dog,
And a bishop in fullest regalia.

:twisted:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mac5777 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Maybe I need some help. I got this thing that came with my new trunk carpet years ago and I do not know where it goes or for what use. After seeing this guy's hat and how he sewed it together, I tried it on my head and it fits I turned it inside out for the photo and what it looks like with the leather turned out. I once thought it covered the spare tire. But the way it is sewn, it does not fit my spare. Maybe this guy with mind control has infiltrated into Dave Beans shop where I got the new carpet. So be aware that Dave's place might have mine control. Over the years I've notice that I have been buying a lot of things for my Elan that I don't need yet.
Ease my mine if anyone knows what this thing could be used for as I don't remember being abducted.

Sarto
Attachments
DSC00045.JPG and
DSC00001.JPG and
Last edited by mac5777 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lotus elan 1966 S3 FHC
36/5785
LHD
mac5777
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:59 pm

mac5777 wrote:Maybe I need some help. I got this thing that came with my new trunk carpet years ago and I do not know where it goes or for what use. After seeing this guy's hat and how he sewed it together, I tried it on my head and it fits I turned it inside out for the photo and what it looks like with the leather turned out. I once thought it covered the spare tire. But the way it is sewn, it does not fit my spare. Maybe this guy with mind control has infiltrated into Dave Beans shop where I got the new carpet. So be aware that Dave's place might have mine control. Over the years I've notice that I have been buying a lot of thing for my Elan that I don't need yet.
Ease my mine if anyone knows what this thing could be used for as I don't remember being abducted.

Sarto

Cover for an S4 bonnet bulge aka automotive cod-piece? :? :wink: :)

"I tried it on my head and it fits"

worthless_thread_wo_pics.jpg
worthless_thread_wo_pics.jpg (20.61 KiB) Viewed 873 times

Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 pm

mac5777 wrote:Maybe I need some help. ...........

Sarto

That's always a good start on this forum...
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 pm

We all need help!

I just dont need quite as much as you lot!

Yet!

Al '..... :shock:
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 am

alexblack13 wrote:We all need help!

I just dont need quite as much as you lot!

Yet!

Al '..... :shock:

OK...so how about?

"The part of a tonneau cover that is sewn into a slot, from the underside, to fit over the otherwise exposed part of a steering wheel...vehicle unknown"

Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mac5777 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Richard, Nice catch, I did order a complete carpet kit and since I have a coupe it was an extra piece. It does fit perfectly over the steering wheel. Then I realized it was made to be sewn in for either L or RHD tonneau cover. My wife is so thank full to you Richard, I have removed the hat.
So be aware that Dave's place might have mine control. Over the years I've notice that I have been buying a lot of things for my Elan that I don't need yet.

I now must apologize the Dave Bean, but that does not explain why I had been buying things that I did not need yet.
Sarto :D :D
lotus elan 1966 S3 FHC
36/5785
LHD
mac5777
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Jeff@Jae » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Alien leather driving hat ?
Jeff@Jae
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mac5777 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Jeff, you need to go back to Gary's post earlier. http://www.stopabductions.com/
You gotta know that I did not wear the steering wheel cover all the time.
How are you doing on tools? Here is what your buddy Jay Leno is showing for knockoff tools. http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/to ... ner-tools/
I have a newer design that is more flexible for other spinner types that I''ll send down when completed and for less costs.

Sarto

Jay's site did not open so this one will.
lotus elan 1966 S3 FHC
36/5785
LHD
mac5777
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: archigator » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Sarto, be warned... below is some "heady" advice from the Stop Alien Abduction website:

"Aliens will try to stop you from wearing the helmet both mentally and physically. Remember that they can read your mind. Before you make one, they may try to influence you that you don?t need one. Once you start wearing a helmet they may harass you or perhaps threaten to kill a pet in retaliation. They are good at manipulating your spouse to have a conflict with you about wearing the helmet. If you forget to wear it one time they may physically hurt you. They have done these things to a minority of abductees wearing helmets. Most abductees report complete success with the helmet when they wear it as much as they can."

I would pay particular attention to the part about the aliens "manipulating your spouse to have a conflict with you about wearing your helmet."

You will now need to fabricate an additional helmet for your spouse, otherwise you will be left to bleed your brakes on your own. You have been forewarned...

Gary
'71 Sprint FHC
Miami, Florida
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: