Fuel Mapping and Ignition Advance

PostPost by: memini55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Hello all,

I am setting up an Elan for solo events and have recently done a conversion to fuel injection with an ECU and a trigger wheel. Has anyone done any dyno time and produced a fuel mapping and then secondly an advance map?
I am ready to start working on both areas and have set up a base advance map as per the manual with the addition of the static setting. This should give a nice starting point.
The motor is a freshly rebuilt with +40 JE pistons 10.5 to 1 compression, using DB 114r cams with 1.6 intakes and 1.375 exhaust valves.
We have a good clean idle ratio of about 13.7 using a wide band O2. Thought I would just see if anyone could share there expertise on this subject.

Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: msd1107 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:22 pm

There was an article in Club Lotus awhile ago. Quite lengthy.

Ask Anna Marie if she would send you a .pdf of the article

David
1968 36/7988
msd1107
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Mark

If/when you do get a response,will you let me/us know of the outcome as I've got F.I. but not yet done any ignition mapping,still on fuel..
Thanks
John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi David and John,

I will work to contact Anna Marie which I believe is Emma Knight to get the article, thanks for the idea David.

John I am up and running with Extra code, 36-1 wheel and all the other goodies minus an IAC stepper. Can't get that dang thing to function consistantly yet, have it bypassed for now until fully tuned and will come back to it then.

I have a tuner going to help again tomorrow night for more tuning. You can bet I will keep you posted to my progress as I get it finished up.

Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:41 am

memini55 wrote:Hi David and John,

I will work to contact Anna Marie which I believe is Emma Knight to get the article, thanks for the idea David.

John I am up and running with Extra code, 36-1 wheel and all the other goodies minus an IAC stepper. Can't get that dang thing to function consistantly yet, have it bypassed for now until fully tuned and will come back to it then.

I have a tuner going to help again tomorrow night for more tuning. You can bet I will keep you posted to my progress as I get it finished up.

Mark

Annemarie of Club Lotus & Emma (Anna) are two very different Girls

e-mail:- [email protected]

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

John,

Thanks and I will try again for the correct Anna Marie.

Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: