Lotus Meet

PostPost by: mike+2s130 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:13 pm

there is a lotus meet in august 2004 at shelsley walsh hill climb.it will be one of the biggest lotus meetings with upto 20 very important cars present.does any one know of any meetings in the worcester area england
mike+2s130
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: niallf » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:59 pm

Second Thursday of each month at the Arrow Mill Hotel, Nr Alcester, Warks. Not too far from Worcester. This is a joint Club Lotus and Lotus Drivers Club meeting, but anyone's welcome.

I think next Thursday is the annual autotest (cones in car park, low speed, memory and skills test). Usually a good laugh and sociable affair.

Maybe see you there,

Niall (2003 CL/LDC Midlands Autotest Champion :) )
niallf
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mike+2s130 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:46 pm

thanks for the info have you a date for the thusday so i get the right one.thanks mike
mike+2s130
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: niallf » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:32 pm

According to my Summer Club Lotus Midlands Newsletter...

Thursday July 8th - Gymkhana, Driving Skills Competition Start Time 7:30 Prompt at the Arrow Mill Hotel
niallf
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: handi_andi » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:01 pm

does anyone know of any Lotus meets in Scotland? Particularly North east Scotland

Thanks

Andy
Live life to the fullest - that's why I own a Lotus
handi_andi
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:33 pm

Andy,

There is a regular get together of Lotus people in Scotland. It's Club Lotus and it meets on the second Wednesday of each month in Bo'ness Motor Museum, Boness (between South Queensferry and Grangemouth).
It's OK but I always feel that they need to be 'encouraged' to move into the 21st Century. :D

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elanman3 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:38 pm

Andy,

The 2hr+ each way trip to Bo'ness from the N. East for an evening meet is a little off putting, plus the +2 wasn't ready.
I was a member of the LDC and never heard any communication from the Scottish group about event, again off putting. I suppose I'm as much to blame as they are for the lack of communication.
This year I'm thinking of going along to the Aberdeen Classic Car group to see what they are about. I beleive they meet most Saturday mornings at Dizzy's, Queens Cross for coffee and a Bull S..t.
I know of about four Elans and two +2's in the N. East so maybe an unoffical get together should be arranged? (When I get the fourth wheel back on the car).

Colin
elanman3
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: