Aerial position

PostPost by: HCA » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:10 pm

A trivial question - but were the Elan+2s only fitted with rear wing mounted electric aerials? Even back in the day I could never see the attraction in these and wonder if roof aerials were evr fitted? I cannot find a pic of one - maybe someone can help please?
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: andyelan » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:24 pm

lHi there

My '73 Plus 2 130S/5 has its original Phillips Turn O Lock Radio and rear wing mounted (non electric) aerial which has been on the car since new. I don't think there would ever have been a roof mounted one as standard and fitting one as after market would have been a major job as the headlining would have had to have come out.

Andy
andyelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:44 pm

Good point Andy and maybe why I have not seen such. As I am fitting a heated windscreen I did think of using and adapter to use the element - and probably will anyway, but I also have a new stainless roof aerial I bought for an MGB years ago and would like to use it on something!
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: andyelan » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:35 pm

Hi there

FYI, I keep the Turn O Lock in the dash just for appearance as being AM it's pretty useless as far as reception is concerned. However, I've also got one of these Bluetooth amplifiers hidden out of sight under the rear parcel shelf :-

https://www.neqtiq.co.uk/products/e-aud ... input.html

It connects to my phone so I can listen to the radio or play downloaded music and no aerial is required at all.
It's really good

Andy
andyelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: