Trying to trace an Elan owner

PostPost by: Steve1985 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:59 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help? I’m trying to trace the owner of a JPS Plus 2 Elan, MNG777L, VIN 73051398L.

According to the register, the car is owned by a chap named Martin in the Epsom area.

The reason for my interest is that my father owned the car in the 1970s. I recently found a couple of photos of the car in an old family album and I was wondering if the owner would like copies for the car’s history file. It would also be interesting to learn of the car’s current status.

If anyone can help (or indeed if you are Martin!) I’d be very grateful for your assistance.

Many thanks, Steve.
Steve1985
New-tral

PostPost by: trw99 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:12 am

Steve, I do know who currently has the car and have sent you an email with his details. The car had 9 previous owners before the current keeper acquired it.

This is an interesting JPS, in that it predates the 115 retailed special editions. The factory records show that it was first delivered to Lotus Engineering and was subsequently used as a company car. It was used by Lotus during the 1973 British Grand Prix at Silverstone on 14 Jul to give press rides in, Ronnie and Emerson driving, in JPS colours with a large logo on bonnet. See photo below.

Tim
Attachments
s-l500.jpg and
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Steve1985 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:17 am

Tim,

Many thanks for your message and for this wonderful picture, what a fascinating piece of Lotus history!

Many thanks,

Steve
Steve1985
New-tral

Total Online: