Moaning about YouTube

PostPost by: 69S4 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:12 am

JonB wrote:
The drone footage of the Shelby Cobra is more like what I had in mind, though I doubt I will manage it with my drone as it is one of these https://www.parrot.com/uk/minidrones/pa ... rgo-travis - a fun toy my mum sent me for my 53rd birthday.

Apart from the filming itself, I have been wondering about the music. The Cobra video is using copyrighted music ("Where the streets have no name" by U2) which I doubt they have licensed properly. I'm surprised YouTube's algorithms haven't spotted it. But anyway, you can see that choosing the right music is yet another thorny problem to be overcome.

Cheers
JonB

We've got a similar kind of entry level drone (Archos) that we bought as a kind of general Christmas present for anyone who wanted to use it back in 2016. So far I've managed to fly it round the garden a bit and my moon shot equivalent was to fly it up and film the gutters when I thought they might be blocked last autumn. Every flight is a heart in the mouth occasion.

Music for diy video is a difficult problem. I've had (multinational) commercial clients tell me to ignore copyright issues on videos I've produced for them so what hope is there at amateur level. For videos I produce for myself (holiday trips etc and zero budget beyond the hardware) finding something suitable is almost impossible. I have musician friends but there's a limit to what you can ask and often it's not suitable anyway. Dipping into the ocean of commercial music and hoping no-one complains is often the only option.
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 am

RichC wrote:http://dronesafe.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Dronecode.pdf

My drone is so crappy it can't even reach its own 10 metre ceiling. I think I'm pretty safe WRT the CAA code..
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:45 am

JonB wrote:Hi Veg

I saw that when I did my original search for videos about the Plus 2. Love the maniacal laughter... :D

Glad you enjoyed it! I was definitely having an 'up' moment at that point. I still watch that video from time to time myself to keep me motivated, reminding myself that this car isn't just a static lump. All the stuff I'm doing will lead to time behind the wheel.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: