Elan Plus 2 owners in Sussex?

PostPost by: JonB » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi

Per my "looking for" thread, I am interested in buying an Elan Plus 2 but would like to see one in the flesh.

Is there anyone nearby who would be happy to show me his/her car? I'm on the Coast in West Sussex.

Many thanks
JonB
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dick+2130/5 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:15 am

Hi Jon,
You could try one of the Club Lotus monthly meetings.
The Sussex is at the Bolney Stage pub , Bolney on the second Tues of each month.
Surrey, Onslow Arms, West Clandon, Surrey , 3rd Thursday , around 8.30
Hants and Dorset, "Wessex Area ", very active, location varies, contact is Ian on 01202 250445 - probably your best bet but the longest drive !
My own +2 ( Haslemere area )still unfinished so not visible "in the flesh yet" !
Regards,. Dick
dick+2130/5
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Yep, joined the Club yesterday and hope to be there for the next meeting. Bolney is a good location, central, easy to get to. There's also a Christmas lunch the Sunday before at the Tollgate (Bramber) but it is fully booked now. Shame - I do love a good carvery.. ;)
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: westiman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:42 am

Hi JonB
I am in Burgess Hill.
I have a '73 Plus 2S 130/4 and you are welcome to pop an see it if it would be of interest to you.
Cheers
Andy
westiman
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:16 am

westiman wrote:Hi JonB
I am in Burgess Hill.
I have a '73 Plus 2S 130/4 and you are welcome to pop an see it if it would be of interest to you.
Cheers
Andy

Ah, Burgess Hill. I was looking to move there a while ago as it is on the Brighton line for commuting to London.
Likewise, I am in Worthing and you could visit anytime too. Are you a Club Lotus member and will you be attending the meet on the 12th Dec? Is your car driveable?
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: westiman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:42 am

Hi
Thats a coincidence, but I think 2 Plus 2's in sleepy Burgess Hill would have been too much for the locals.
My wife travels to Croydon each day so the Brighton line is well known to her, though I stay away from trains.
To the question of my car being driveable I would say yes it is, but that only applies 'til I pull something else apart.
I see from your other topic you now have a car and I must say it looks very smart.
I have been to only one meeting at Bolney, 'cos I always seem to be tinkering when the meeting comes round - bad planning on my part I guess.
Maybe see you on the 12th if its your definite plan to be there.
Regards
Andy
westiman
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 am

Yes, Andy, I do plan to be there...!
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: