re; plus 2 perspective buyer questions

PostPost by: mbell » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Grizzly wrote:Madness anyone would repaint a Lagoon Blue with Flake roof +2S130 Red :roll:

As the owner of former lagoon blue (none silver roof) +2S130 with a cheap re-sale red paint job I am fully with you on that.

I'd be very careful of buying any +2 with a recent paint job if the seller has no proof its be done correctly. If it's a poor job you'll have to get it done again or live with poor looking car. On mine the paint is falling off in the door jambs and cracking in other places it is a 20+ year old job but should look lots better than it does now. At some point in the future it's going to cost me a lot of money to put right.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tournesol » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Good evening all,

I didn't intend to tell Gibbon to go and buy this one blind, I was just pointing to the add. After that, well it's as for any car (especially if like me you have little experience of them), see the car for yourself, make sure someone else with experience has a look too, ask questions to the vendor, work with the check list, get opinions, do the home work and make your mind up after all this but NOT on the spot. I got lots of opinions and help before getting mine and this site is a tremendous source of camaraderie . At the end of the day there's always a proportion of risk buying one of those or any classics, the idea being to try to limit the risks as much as possible and figure out what you are paying for and what you shouldn't part your hard earn cash for.

Happy hunting Gibbon!
Tournesol
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: