Selling an Elan Plus 2 and return to UK license plates

PostPost by: LangeHenk » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Question: I have transported an Elan Plus 2 1968 from the UK to the Netherlands and put it on a Netherlands registration last year

The dutch governement has taken in the paperwork I recieved from the owner in england.

I only have the name and adress from the previous owner in england and the original english license plates with the car.

I have problems getting used to the righthand steering here in the Netherlands and I am planning to sell the car in order to get myself a westfield lotus eleven LHD

Would it be possible to return the car to the uk and get the original UK registration back on it or is that going to be difficult ?

Anybody can help me out here ?

Henk
LangeHenk
New-tral

PostPost by: theelanman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:32 pm

It should be easy enough to swap the plates back when it's reregistered back in the UK.....
However....Have you thought about getting the +2 swapped over to LHD?.....it's easy enough......:-D.....then you won't have to sell

The 7 is also very very different..... compared to the +2.......
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: LangeHenk » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Henk-in-de-eleven.jpg and

Thanx, I know there is a big difference. By the way I am not looking to swap for a 7 but for an eleven.
LangeHenk
New-tral

PostPost by: Jason1 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:23 pm

I would first try filling in form V62 and paying the ?25 fee

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration ... c-log-book
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: millerlotus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Last year I sold a TVR Vixen back to England and the new owner has the original licensenumbers back on the car.
millerlotus
New-tral

PostPost by: AHM » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:27 am

Jason1 wrote:I would first try filling in form V62 and paying the ?25 fee

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration ... c-log-book

The DVLA will not deal with anything outside the UK. Registered keepers UK address and nothing less!

The person that buys it fills in the V62 and pays the 25 quid! or the V355/5 having spoken to the DVLA first! https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... icle-v55/5

If it got difficult, which it wouldn't as you say it is already on the DVLA database, the new keeper may have to reclaim the number.

And if it got impossibly difficult and the new keeper really dug themself a massive hole and then threw them sevef into it backwards... they would get an age related plate.

All of which are simple and cheap!
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alleggerita » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 am

Henk,

you have a PM
alleggerita
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:13 pm

Henk
You have two P.M.s

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Not wishing to sound rude but is it an XI......or a Westfield XI......if a true XI then I bow, kneel and salute you.....if it's a Westfield I personally would stick with the Elan.......
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Fyi.....
Westfield have the kits back on sale at about ?9~10k......?1500 for an MG midget.....then build cost....if you don't do it......say ?5k.......

say ?16k brand new....
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: LangeHenk » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:26 am

Thanks for all the reply advise and suggestions.
LangeHenk
New-tral

PostPost by: Berw » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:41 am

The first question is did you export it correctly, When I exported my Lotus Sunbeam I completed a form in the UK returned the documents (V5) to the UK DLVA, then I used the export form to import the car, reading your post I can't see if you did this or gave the V5 to the Dutch.
If you gave the V5 to the Dutch the car is still registered in the UK, which may cause the old owner a problem, but you can apply for a duplicate, if you exported the car correcly then the UK registration is lost and you would need to reregister when you impor the car to the UK.
Berw
New-tral

Total Online: