Could this be The One? Help Needed

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Happy for you.

Every car is a "starting point". This one is no different.

Enjoy the ride. :mrgreen:

And keep visiting the forum. :mrgreen:

Randy
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: collins_dan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:33 pm

I think you will get great joy from it! Some frustration too, but that just makes the joy that much more joyful.
All the best,
Dan
collins_dan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GHill » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:28 pm

Congrats on buying the car, Ive really enjoyed my (vey short) ownership of the car.

Its a great idea to meet up - may have to be after christmas as Ive just started work replacing the dashboard.

A big congrats again - I personally think the plus 2's are a classic 'classic' car.

Cheers
Gareth
To get something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done!
GHill
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:57 pm

congratulations on your purchase and hope to see some pics soon.... :mrgreen:
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gherlt » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:54 pm

> ... they cant find a cure to my disease.

I am not sure. My symptons (some call it yellow-green fever) have not diminished over the years, on the contrary, my car vision has narrowed, my wish list shortened (othe rmarques fell off the list), my "buy-now" impulses more intense ...
1964 S1 (at paint shop)
1967 S3 DHC
1969 S4 FHC (at BB's home)

https://theelanman.com for details on Brian Bucklands book.
https://shop.lotus-books.com for more Lotus related books.
We ship worldwide. PM/Email me.
gherlt
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Tournesol » Sat May 02, 2015 3:32 pm

I thought I'll put an update of my ownership.

The car has now made a couple of visits to Miles Wilkins of Fibreglass Services. The first was a short while after buying the car for a service and general advice on what work would need doing. For anyone knowing Miles you can easily imagine his colorful answer!!! He did a brilliant job though and the car was returned with a much better improved behavior but with the news that the chassis was going to need replacing (not that it came as a surprise, was just hoping it could last for another year).

Over the winter I managed to drive the car a few times (weather depending) and each mile brought huge pleasure. Early this year I was fortunate to receive a decent bonus from work and took the decision to splash it on a new chassis and suspensions for the car. I sorted out a couple of small issues (clutch leak, snapped throttle cable) and it is now back at Miles where a shinny black powder coated new chassis and spax suspensions are waiting to be fitted. Fingers crossed I should get it back late May along a new MOT, just in time to enjoy the summer!!!

Will make sure to post pictures later.

Have fun everyone!

Tournesol
Tournesol
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: