Lotus Elan

+2 in Buckingham

PostPost by: elansprint » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Driving through the back streets of Buckingham today Jeremy was that your lovely car parked on the side of the road red with gold roof
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Sure was - sitting idle while the I fettle the head & gasket. Should be running at the weekend. Already had some bozo run into the back.... No damage to my car though - others in the street noticed and haranged him. Even the local kids have a interesting attitude - because they have grown up with it on the street, they regard it with some vicarious "ownership".

Jeremy
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Sods law when you get the car into top condition it always seems to happen one of our club members reversed into my Tuscan his bloody Mercedes has reversing bleepers he just said that will T cut out and buggered off. He now has a 500 pond bill all the best with the head gasket
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Sorry to hear of your problems.. People put too much faith in parking sensors - low sports cars sometimes don't show up.

Update on the rear end I suffered a couple of weeks ago.. I was finishing of the head gasket yesterday and a lady stopped and said she saw the event, although not the actual bump. A girl in a small car went into the back of mine & pushed it off the axle stands, into another car a couple of feet away - driver of a UPS delivery truck stopped and remonstrated with the other driver and said 'You're not just driving off are you?!' . She said 'No, I'm just putting a note through their letter box'... He drove off, need;ess to say, there was no note...

Car none the worse for the bump. but the axle stands are trashed.

Car driving well & went for a run past Silverstone yesterday. Lots of flash cars..

Jeremy
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:14 pm

Jeremy at least there is no damage but people have no scrupples these days i am afraid
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: