Looking for a Zetec +2: 1st Drive Today

PostPost by: gavk » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Thanks Stu,

I've changed the exhaust in my quest for increased clearance but I'll put up a new post about the exhaust soon. Not lowered it yet, there have been more pressing niggles on my to-do list but hopefully soon.

On the subject of the spyder supplied spax, mine have apparently only done 2000miles but at least one of the shocks has leaked a fair bit of oil, anyone else experienced this with the spax dampers. In my head spax have always had a bad reputation but I could be wrong. Are there any recommended damper upgrades from the spax?

For some reason I can't seem to post pics while using my phone, I'll get on pc when I have a chance and upload some.

Cheers
Gav
gavk
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gavk » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:29 pm

See Stu, it does exist!
Attachments
IMAG0450.jpg and
IMAG0449.jpg and
IMAG0442.jpg and
IMAG0441.jpg and
IMAG0440.jpg and
gavk
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Beautiful! Really like the wheel colour.

Try Andy / Sean at Spyder for shocks? I thought the one's they supplied me a few years ago were Protech? No issues so far, and fronts have adjustable ride height. Have seen posts here regarding Spax issues, but can't recall what was up. Spax adjustables are very popular is the Esprit world, and no issues with mine after about a year. Probably best to make a separate thread on the shocks or search on Spax and bring one forward?

HTH

Stu
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: