Vitaloni California Mirrors

PostPost by: cal44 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Any of you fine P2 owners have Vitaloni California side view mirrors on you cars? And, maybe a picture?
I saw them on a Europa and they look pretty darn sharp........and they look as though they could be helpful while driving.

mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Chris » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi Mike,

I have them on my car, and I think they look good. The drivers side mirror is very useful, but there is no way to mount the passenger mirror so it can be used by the driver. In my case it is just there to balance up the cars appearance.
Chris
Last edited by Chris on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Chris wrote:Hi Mike,

I have them on my car, and I think they look good. The drivers side mirror is very useful, but there is no way to mount the passenger mirror so it can be used by the driver. In my case it is just there to balance up the cars appearance.
Chris

I have Talbot Berlins on my S3 and have exactly the same problem
Attachments
L1010156.JPG and
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Chris,
you wouldn't have a picture you could post by chance? I have Vataloni's (the quarter round) but after viewing that Europa with the California mirrors it got me to thinking.

You can make the the drivers side work but you must remove the door card and cut and bend a small support plate to do inside to widen out the strength area. I think the glass should need to come out to do this. Then all would be good.....after spending countless hours and asking what the heck have I done?

mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: