Ghost exorcised

PostPost by: JJDraper » Mon May 21, 2012 4:06 pm

My +2 had developed the most embarrassing problem - phantom beeps with the airhorns. Often just a little bip, but sometimes a loud hoot. This happened at seemingly random moments, but often when going round roundabouts or in multi storey car parks. Even taking the pencil out of the steering wheel didn't stop it. After separating the wheel from the steering column, all became clear. The wheel boss was too close to the brass horn track; but microscopically so. Bit of 'G' or serious wheel twiddling cause a slight short. Undo column clamp and pull column up half an inch. Problem solved, and no more looks of 'ar***ole' from the cars in front

Jeremy
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:05 pm

:lol: Exactly the same thing happened to me a couple of months ago after I had the column out. Felt like I was driving a clown car!

Robbie
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Henry VIIII » Tue May 22, 2012 2:16 am

JJDraper wrote:My +2 had developed the most embarrassing problem - phantom beeps with the airhorns. Often just a little bip, but sometimes a loud hoot. This happened at seemingly random moments, but often when going round roundabouts or in multi storey car parks. Even taking the pencil out of the steering wheel didn't stop it. After separating the wheel from the steering column, all became clear. The wheel boss was too close to the brass horn track; but microscopically so. Bit of 'G' or serious wheel twiddling cause a slight short. Undo column clamp and pull column up half an inch. Problem solved, and no more looks of 'ar***ole' from the cars in front

Jeremy

Check your turrets. It sound like Tourettes Syndrome for cars 8) :lol: 8) :P :D
Henry
1967 S3 FHC
A joke a day helps you work, rest, and play. :lol:
Henry VIIII
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: