New Member - Ontario - 71 Elan Coupe Shell

PostPost by: hudson » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 am

Just thought I'd send a quick hello. I just picked up a well used shell. It's not ugly, but far from pretty. 'Complete' interior, only the front seats are useable as is. Rocker metal inserts are completely gone. And mechanicals end at the pedals and steering column.

But, I'm pretty happy.

Cheers,

Andrew
Last edited by hudson on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
hudson
New-tral

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:18 am

where you located????ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: hudson » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:47 am

Hamilton, pretty near you I guess.
hudson
New-tral

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:24 am

Welcome, Andrew. My father-in-law just moved out here (Metro Vancouver) from Hamilton earlier this year. He was my only connection to Hamilton. Now I have you! :wink:

Can you tell us a little more about your car? You're implying you have no motor, running gear? Any suspension? Is it "rolling", etc.?

And of course we want to see pix, please :mrgreen:

Awesome forum and group of people; hope you enjoy (and make use of everyone)!

Randy
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: hudson » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:42 pm

It's just a shell with a title. Anything mechanical ends at the pedals / steering column. Engine bay still has brake booster and rad, etc. Absolutely nothing that was frame mounted.

Will post some pics later, but not much to see. Just a fairly rough but fixable gold fibreglass shell with glass and a ratty interior.

Oh, also have 2 large flares for the left hand side of the car
hudson
New-tral

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Interesting.

What will you do with your shell?
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Daholmes19 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi Andrew

I am just down the road from you in Woodstock ON, was in Hamilton yesterday as it happens :)

I have a 1973 +2S130 which has been slowly rebuilt over the last few years, may have some spare parts if your interested.

Is this the Bahama Yellow shell off Kijiji in Mississauga?

Cheers
Dave
Daholmes19
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: hudson » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Dave & Sea R:

Plan is to turn it into a running driving car at some point with at least original style frame and suspension. But definitely in no hurry.

Dave:

Definitely interested in spare parts.. or even borrowing suspension bits to make a jig or what have you.

It is the car from Kijiji

Cheers,

Andrew
hudson
New-tral

PostPost by: brandon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Welcome Hudson and congratulations,

You just beat me to the punch. I had planned to look at the car on Monday but work kept me behind.
I have a 1970 +2S and am in Waterdown right next door to you. If you ever need to look at something, just let me know. There is a decent Lotus community in the area who are always willing to help out.

Dave (Daholmes19),

Is yours the +2 that was at Britain West earlier in the year? I?m planning on taking mine that way to have it tuned in a month and would love some feedback. Oliver?s son (sorry I forget his name), seems to have a good reputation for tuning Webbers.

Brandon
brandon
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Daholmes19 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi Brandon

Yes my +2 spent the winter in its regular habitat, Britten West, and Dave (Oliver's son) does great work. Had my cam clearances set there 3 years ago, full engine and gearbox rebuild 2 years ago (Water pump and clutch both went at the same time) and then full brake (EBC) and suspension rebuild (Koni's) this year. Was just down at Bronte park and the car runs fantastic.

There is a small local Lotus run planned in the next few weeks, let me know if you're interested.

Hi Andrew

Send me a PM with your contact details and I will give you a call, got lots of suspension parts left over from the rebuild. Same offer as Brandon stop by to check out my car anytime.

Cheers
Dave
Daholmes19
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: brandon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Dave,

Very nice car you have. I unfortunately missed Bronte as I?m in the midst of moving.
Is the run you mention the LCC one on October 22nd?

Brandon
brandon
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: holywood3645 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:31 pm

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I trying to find out information on a S4 dhc (1969) that came from that area. It was in the Winsor Guelph area about 12 years ago , dark blue with a BARC sticker on the window and had previously been restored sn 45/8602
Any info is appreciated

James
holywood3645
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: hudson » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Dave & Brandon:

Thanks for the offers. Much appreciated. I had no idea there were so many in the wood work. I guess it's a classic case of you've just gotta look!

Dave:

Definitely interested in some suspension parts. I'll have to 'cool' it for a bit for political reasons however ;)

Brandon:

So, when I wanted to come look at it on Monday, there really was a guy that was going to see it that night!
hudson
New-tral

PostPost by: Daholmes19 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi Brandon

No its not the LLC run, Peterborough is just too far for some of us "West Enders" to go so we are planning something more to the East of Toronto. Send me a PM with your contact details and I will send you the info when I get it.

Cheers
Dave
Daholmes19
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: brandon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:44 am

hudson wrote:Dave & Brandon:
Brandon:

So, when I wanted to come look at it on Monday, there really was a guy that was going to see it that night!

Yup, that was me. I was interested in the seats as my drivers side currently has a tear. Plus I've got some longer term plans for something special.

Brandon
brandon
Second Gear
Second Gear

Next

Total Online: