Got some money - now need a car!

PostPost by: sulzeruk » Tue May 17, 2011 10:46 am

I have just got my car back on the road last week. Had been restored before and then sat for about 6 years which never seems to be kind on them. Has new brake disks all round, refurbed calipers all round. Hand brake mechanism all new with new pads. Carbs rebuilt. New Lotocones at the rear, Poly bushes everywhere front and rear. New trunnions, wheel bearings all round. All suspensions parts blasted and painted. New Polybush rack mounts. All new master and slave cylinders and Goodridge flexis all round. Carbs refurbed with a genuine Dellorto kit. Recored rad and Cliveyboy thermostat housing. New top and bottom hoses. Car sailed the MOT and have put 200 miles on it in the last week. Tacho has packed up and rear bumper needs chromed but these will be getting done. I would be looking for ?9k for it as it is worth that. Paint work being polished and waxed this weekend, original metal flake roof is mint on it. New rear screen rubber and trim as well put in yesterday as well as a new battery.
Alasdair

sulzeruk
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:09 pm

The one on Pistonheads looks like it needs lots of money spent on it. I would say this is in much the same condition as mine was when I bought mine i.e. left in a lockup for many years untouched.

I am not saying it could not be a good car but it would be cheaper in the long run to spend a bit more on a better car.
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: