Greatest Number of Elan +2's in one place?????

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Terry,
I can't take any credit for the picture, it's the one that is on Spyders website.

With regards to the numbers of surviving +2's in the UK, I truly believe that there are less than 100 roadworthy cars in existence. There are probably 4 times that amount in various states of disrepair which gives a total of 500 cars. A +2 is a very rare sight on UK roads.

In the UK we are spoilt for choice with a variety of relatively cheap classic sportscars, MGB's, Sprites, Midgets, Spitfires, GT6's Mk1 MX5's etc, therefore we seem to have the attitude that it's just another old car and not really that special , hence the numbers that sit in garages just gagging to be used or restored. I'm sure that if I bought a non British car to restore from outside the UK I would jolly well get my act together and restore and use the damn thing, that's what seems to happen to +2's in France and other countries where they appreciate the marque.

We all know the stories about +2's being the ugly sister to the 'real Elan' and the fact that many have been cannibalised over the years due to their relatively cheap value as a whole car, the fact now is that they are an extremely rare and desirable coupe and prices are beginning to reflect that.

Have fun at your event, maybe next year I will have the time to come over and swell the numbers, this year I am entertaining guests from Australia!

BTW: here's another picture of a +2 that I can't take any credit for..... it's a design study that causes a bit of controversy whenever it's shown.
lotusmod2.jpg and

Regards
Attachments
+2 design study.jpg
+2 design study.jpg (6.86 KiB) Viewed 428 times
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: