Anglo French Elan +2 Meeting

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Hello !
As some of you know we had a Club Lotus France Event at our gites last May. (We had 5 French and 1 Belgian +2 here ...as well as a couple of other Lotus/TVR cars!!!!!)
We plan to do the same next May but it has also been suggested that perhaps we could organise a joint meeting of French and English +2s perhaps in April 2011 either at our gites or somewhere else in France?
Would anyone be interested in coming?
What are your thoughts?

Many Thanks
Terry
PS Just as an aside most cars here are running with do-nuts!
Attachments
Church.jpg and
6 X +2 (=12?)
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Terry,

Why on earth did you restrict the meet in May to +2s only, do you have a +2s club over there? I would have thought that any Lotus, SO LONG AS IT HAD A TWINCAM IN IT, LOTUS OBVIOUSLY, would have been a great event. I could do with some more of that French heatwave that we experienced at Le Mans this year, right now, and winter hasnt even started.

Will certainly consider your proposal for next year, but be mindful of the CL Coombe weekend, always the last weekend in May, and maybe also wait and see what CL propose for a parts fair or show for next year.

Keep me posted though. And I wouldnt mind betting that Alex couldnt be tempted over again. Specially after one of their winters.

All the best,

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Leslie
The event in May is only restricted to "Classic" Lotus although we ended up with a TVR and a Lotus Europa (new sort)
This would be a new event - late April with English / French Cars

Have you changed to solid drive shafts yet?

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Have I changed to solid driveshafts yet? No Terry, thats not me you can hear clonkin along. I hope you have pointed all those French donut owners towards the pole.

Hmm, you're little French soire next year could be the CLM interlude I have been looking for. Come along Mr Black, are you up for this. Getting warmed up already.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:07 pm

The only problem is, that I think Alex has a "Baby"* Elan. My friend here did had the original intention of a +2 only event mainly because there are a number of us in France who are very passionate about our +2s. Although there is only a few of us, most are very active within Club Lotus France. There also seems to be a wealth of racing events for Baby* Elans only but not much for +2s.

The other thing I was thinking about is the fact that we have small children and there are a number of +2 owners with children. We often find that there are lots of Lotus events and due to the fact that most cars are two seaters, the events don't seem to be very child friendly.

But we could always have another event for any Elan. We do get bookings for the gites in April but I'd rather have Lotus / Classic car people here, not sure if my wife would agree!!!!

Clonky clonk clonk
Terry

*Can we say Baby? Or do we have to say S1 to S4 type? Perhaps a new classification ...."Non +2"
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rmd24 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi Terry,
I'd be on for such an event but my S4 has only two seats. It seems to me that CLF don't have that much on specificaly for classics. There was the balade for M100 Elans recently but there seems to be nothing else coming up. How about it?

Roger
rmd24
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Yes Terry, that would count me out as well, as I only have 2 seats in all my Loti, but I am working on it!

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Terry

Great idea and I hope it takes off for you.

No 'baby' Elans, please! And don't forget the Sprint. As someone pointed out on here a few years back, how can the Elan be a baby, when the +2 came after it? Father Elan and Child +2......mmmm!

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:30 am

Tim
What do you think of the new "Non +2 Elan" Classification? :wink:

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:24 am

Terry

It is somewhat negative. If you are saying any other classic car, Lotus or not, why not say so? Or you could have Elan, Plus Two, Other Lotusas classifications

Or you could just call the meeting Any Old Gites!

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:30 am

Tim
I was only joking!

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Yep, I know Terry, I know! It was early this morning and I was taking my first sip of double espresso.

I still think the 'old gites' suggestions has legs! :)

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Terry, count me in.

Only reason I wouldn't be there is if my car is still not on the road. If any of you lot looked at the wanted section you'd see that I've lost a door striker plate, and it appears that they have now become akin to hen's teeth. How many times have I found that. Anyway. If anyone happens to have a striker plate that needs a home please let me know as I can't complete the passenger side door assembly without it. I've posted pics in the wanted section to clarify which bit I'm looking for.

My car has eaten its donuts with the boredom of sitting in the garage.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Sean
That's great, it will either be at our place or a more central location in France. We already have 3 French cars coming and My friend Serge has emailed all the French owners from our register. It could be really good!
There must be a striker plate out there somewhere. The number of shells that come up on eBay you would think there would be loads
How much more have you got to do on the car?

All the best
Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Mr & Mrs B would be up for a bit of a longish weekend no bother. Not sure about those heatwaves though leslie... I'm still crispy from LeMans... :lol:

Any of you up for a Scottish do? I would happily arrange that ok. We have a CL member up in Aberdeenshire with a super old Hunting Lodge. http://www.gairnshiellodge.co.uk Makes a super touring base.

I am going touring next year. Thinking of a visit to the Millau bridge and along the south of France and back over the Alps. Car on the train then back up country...

AB
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: