Correct ECU map for a Zetec +2

PostPost by: spyzee » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:49 pm

The car is finally ready to go back on the road after the Spyder Zetec conversion and I would appreciate some info on the ECU map from anyone with a similar Spyder setup is using. I'm using the Zet2 map from Emerald as supplied for the 285 cams but have had to alter the idling map in order to get it to start and idle properly. The Jenveys are balanced and idling nicely now at around 850rpm using the TPS of 118.

many thanks
1971 +2S 180/5 Spyder Zetec
spyzee
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gerrym » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Spyzee, you have the car idling so far?. Will it make any power beyond that? Do you have access to a track or private road? Do you have a Lambda (wideband)sensor fitted?

If the car runs, makes power and the Lambda readings look OK, the next stage is to book it for a rolling road session.

Your setup (throttle position versus rpm) is not a self tuning system, and there will be too many variable in the airflow for any Map to work perfectly off the shelf. Note OEM systems have airflow meters and closed loop Lamda self tuining algorithms so they can work out of the box.

Regards

Gerry
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:15 am

Spyzee,

I take it you can drive the car without any problems,if this is the case then book in with Dave Walker of Emerald and get it setup properly,by him on his rolling road. As soon as i have my system pluged in thats what im off to do. It would also be interesting reading to see the difference between a 1600 twink and 2.0 zetec.

Paul
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: spyzee » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:37 am

Hooray, the car got a straight "A" pass from the MOT so I've now had chance to drive her a bit and she does go really well. I've sorted out the "funnies" with the ZET2 map through a lot of judicious reading and a bit of trial and error and she now starts on the button, idles properly and sounds great. Had a great day out at Charity Polo event at Cardiff castle yesterday but unfortunately it means I'm nursing a self inflicted headache instead of getting some more miles in. Ah well, there's always tomorrrow!
1971 +2S 180/5 Spyder Zetec
spyzee
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: