BRM Elan +2?

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:53 am

A dark red (or maroon) block colour was usually associated with Vegantune, I believe.

Richard
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: kstrutt11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:53 pm

That's interesting, according to the history file it once had one of Vegatunes own engines with their unique heads, fitted, but this was supposedly replaced by another engine taken from a second plus 2 and re-conditioned, so i don't realy have any history or specification for this engine.

Kevin
kstrutt11
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:21 am

richardcox_lotus wrote:A dark red (or maroon) block colour was usually associated with Vegantune, I believe.

Richard

It was also quite common for Cosworth to paint the blocks a maroon red, particularly their FVA's
Usually a pretty high gloss finish, which helped with cleaning up possible oil leaks.

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:53 pm

elansprint71 wrote:Excellent information. Is someone going to follow this up? I suggest that they might not want twenty of us calling with the same questions!

I have been in contact with Alan; he confirmed that Mike Spence built one +2, he painted it polychromatic blue with orange blaze bumpers.

Alan also offered to copy a whole load of records and gave me some contacts to follow up. I will share all of this here, in the fullness of time. Can I respectfully suggest that he is not bombarded with calls from you 'orrible lot hoping to find out if you have the lost 26/R BRM Shapecraft? :twisted:

I'll follow up all the leads and then present my findings to the assembled multitude, M'Lud.

Incidentally, a couple of the said leads are experts on the subject of BRM, but are not members of Elan.Net. I'm hoping to put together a much clearer picture on these very special cars.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: