My +2 has to go.

PostPost by: richardf » Wed May 07, 2008 2:12 pm

All,

My +2 has to go (+2S 130/4, 1971), not enough time to use it. The question is:

It has been sat in my garage (in the UK) for the last year, started and ran about once a month. It currently does not have an MOT.

What would a rough value be as it stands, and what would one be if I had it MOT'd?

It originally came from Paul Matty's about 3 years ago. Done 35k miles, believed to be original according to PM's. New chassis, original chrome wheels.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post on.

Thanks

Richard
----------------------
1971 Elan +2S 130
richardf
New-tral

PostPost by: mikealdren » Wed May 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Richard,
It all comes down to condition, what can you tell us? Particularly the condition of the Chassis, Bodywork and Engine.

Also, how original is it - has it got any modifications/improvements, this won't necessarily affect the price but either answer may be a key factor for buyers.

Mike
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Wed May 07, 2008 2:48 pm

There are very few dodgy MOT garages around now, and people put a fair bit of store in a car having a current certificate. If it doesn't have one, there's something wrong. That at least is how it will be viewed when on eBay.

No MOT, original chassis, average engine and some faults on the paint, you'll get something between ?2000 and ?3500. It will probably be bought to be broken for spares at that price.

A good honest car with a new MOT and some recent miles. maybe ?5000 to ?7000.

To get more than that privately it has to have perfect biodywork, interior, chassis and engine, with lots of restoration invoices and photos, preferably from someone who is known. Perfect cars will sell for ?14,000 privately, or a fair bit more when retailed by Matty & co.

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richardf » Wed May 07, 2008 2:57 pm

Mike,

The condition of the bodywork is good, no gell cracks. The chassis was new about 5 years ago (it has only covered about 500 miles in the last 3 years). The engine is also in good condition (it has twin webbers, which I presume were not original).

Apart from that the only modification I know of is a Lotus branded Moto-Lita steering wheel.

Thanks

Richard
----------------------
1971 Elan +2S 130
richardf
New-tral

Total Online: