Mindless Bas*ards

PostPost by: Dave-M » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:07 pm

Yesterday was looking as though it would be very special. My wife, after ?2.5k and five attempts finally passed her driving test. We also had tickets for a performance, in our local village hall, by John Parr who wrote and performed "St Elmo's Fire" and has written many hits for Meatloaf and Tina Turner etc. etc.
Half time interval came and an announcement that some of the cars in the car park had been damaged.
18 cars had been paint strippered and glass smashed, including my Plus2.
Amongst the others were newish BMW's, 4x4's and a rather nice Porsche.
Our village is in the back of beyond and no one passes through you have to come to it. What in the world is happening when four 35 ish year old men have to do this for kicks?
The Police have been brilliant and caught them quickly. It will be very interesting to see what their punishment will be.
Anyway enough of my troubles. Has anyone within reasonable distance from Doncaster, South Yorkshire got a rear screen ( Heated or Not) that they can sell me.
I daont want to claim on my insurance as the policy is so good that I don't want to spoil it.
PLEASE help me find a rear screen as I use my Plus2 daily and I dont want to be driving my Vauxhall on a regular basis.
Regards
Dave
Dave-M
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: dusty » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:39 pm

Dave,
Sorry to hear about the damage to your car. You have to wonder what goes through the minds of yobs like these - very little I suspect :roll:

Regarding the rear screen there is one on ebay at the moment though I'm not sure of the location, i'll post the link if I can find it again.

Cheers
Jon
dusty
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: dusty » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Dave,

I sent the link to the screen on ebay to you in a PM since this site wouldn't let me include it in this post, Its quite a distance from you (cambridgeshire) but it may be worth dropping the seller an email to see if they are willing to courier it.

Good Luck

Jon
dusty
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:52 am

Hi there

I am very saddened to hear about this. I hope that you did not suffer the paint stripper as well. I have two rear screens, one heated, but I am in Beckenham Kent. If someone is driving through on the way up to your neck of the woods in the near future you can have one for 50 quid if that seems reasonable. I wil try to see if parcelforce will quote online for a pickup for something this shape and size.

Congrats to the wife!!

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: kenny » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:57 am

Dave, sorry to hear that mate, What a shower of f***ing morons, hope they get locked up and recieve a + 40 rebore whilst picking up soap in the shower, bastrads!!!!!!!!!!

As Dusty said there is one on Ebay right now, but if you have no success give me a call...........
A guy at the show yesterday had a stack of + 2 bits, myself and fellow poster off here John bought an absolute shedload off him.

I asked him about a windscreen which I need and he said he had a full set of glass at home......he was very cheap on his prices...seriously cheap, so it might be worth a call.

Regards,

Kenny
kenny
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Dave-M » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:26 am

Firstly, Thanks to all the guys who offered to help with the screen, Brilliant forum and top people.
Finally got a rear screen today and fitted it. It came from a top guy who reads this forum but I contacted him through ebay (Lanciafancia) and as he only lives 25 miles away it made for an easy deal. He has a good few spares left from breaking a Plus2. Contact him through ebay if you need anything.
I don't quite know what to make of the past few days, the four guys who were responsible were bailed and then proceeded to contact all the victims through an intermediary (sp) and offer compensation.
Believe it or not they were true to their word and paid me up today. I can't quite believe it, there is no pressure to drop charges and they are prepared for all the court will throw at them. I almost admire them.
It's all turned out good and I am a happy bunny as I can use my car again.
Once again thanks to all of you who offered help.
Regards
Dave
Dave-M
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: bengalcharlie » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:42 am

Hi Dave,

I am very saddened to hear your story and The whole world seems to be full of f.....d up people. I am very happy to hear that in the end you got yourself a new screen and that people in the forum actually care and try to help.
very nice indeed and one has to take comfort out of that.
Genuinly nice people still exsist!
Greetings form downunder
Robin :?
bengalcharlie
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: hatman » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:16 am

Dave-M wrote:I don't quite know what to make of the past few days, the four guys who were responsible were bailed and then proceeded to contact all the victims through an intermediary (sp) and offer compensation.
Believe it or not they were true to their word and paid me up today. I can't quite believe it, there is no pressure to drop charges and they are prepared for all the court will throw at them. I almost admire them.

Two possible explanations come to mind:- 1) they were drunk when they went on the rampage and, having sobered up, full realisation and remorse kicked in; 2) having been nicked, they were afforded legal advice, part of which was that they were bang to rights but if they could demonstrate to the court that they'd already recompensed their victims the severity of the sentence would probably reflect their contrition.
hatman
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Dave-M » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:34 am

Hatman, I think you are absolutley correct on both counts. They were not your usual yobs. Two were company directors of a sizeable Plant Hire firm and the others were their employees. Their age range was between 35 and 45. Very strange behaviour indeed.
Anyway, thanks once again for the forums help and support, All is good now.
Regards
Dave
Last edited by Dave-M on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave-M
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:47 am

What plants do they work with?
I have heard that some plants are prone to f**k you up if you smoke them...

//J
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:09 am

I wish there was a category on the site for "Wacky Lotus Stories." This is one of several that has an odd happy ending.
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:15 am

Oops, I forgot, Jens in the NETHERLANDS, are you sure you've only "heard" about those plants? Eric
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:29 am

Uhu...

Just heard of them, and seen the side effects...

And hey, I sure as h*ll wasn't near the +2 at the time of destruction.
Hope the bastards get locked up and the key thrown away...

//J
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: