Plus 2 estate?

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Wed May 30, 2007 1:36 pm

I would think the Plus2 would look great as a UTE style as in
Chevy El Camino or Ford Ranchero. Probably not all thjat practicle in the U.K. where the rainy season extends to nearly year round but in the U.S. it would turn a few heads. probably wouldn't be able to carry a 4x8 foot sheet of plywood but it would be OK for kegs of beer...

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Wed May 30, 2007 4:54 pm

elanplustwo wrote:Yes shame about that picture in the book. Would have loved to have had a good look. Anyway check out pistonheads.com -- it's just hit the pages .

theres a far clearer picture and its side on in the brooklands super profile book on the elan.

Now a plus 2 pick up truck really does appeal, it would have to have the jacked up spyder zetec look with daft wide tyres though!!! 8)
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: barefoot » Wed May 30, 2007 6:37 pm

Roger

I have posted a comment and some pics of the leather in your car (on Pistonheads) I hope I have not offended you. Is it the pictures that mislead as in the rear seat and boot photos it looks like the covers don't fit and the workmanship leaves a lot to be desired, which is a shame considering the time and money you must have spent.

Kev
barefoot
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: zeteclotus » Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 pm

Looks very well done. I must admitt to thinking about making my Zetec into a pick up as I built it, but decided it would be too much work and would end up being half a P100 ford pickup half +2. worth no money at all.
zeteclotus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Wed May 30, 2007 11:49 pm

sadly it seems that plus 2s (and I have 2 of them) which in my humble opinion are the best 60/70's Lotus, are worth 4/5 of FA in real terms, creating a zetec is a good way of throwing 10+K at a ?5K car to create a . . . . ..?5K car :roll: , so hacking the back of and lining it with ply/ally to make a more useable/personally useable car wouldn't be wasted money/time. One day in the (distant?) future the world will wake up and plus 2s will be worth more than the roller skate baby Elans!!!

Best I run and hide now!!

:D
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu May 31, 2007 6:19 am

tower of strength wrote:sadly it seems that plus 2s (and I have 2 of them) which in my humble opinion are the best 60/70's Lotus, are worth 4/5 of FA in real terms, creating a zetec is a good way of throwing 10+K at a ?5K car to create a . . . . ..?5K car :roll: , so hacking the back of and lining it with ply/ally to make a more useable/personally useable car wouldn't be wasted money/time. One day in the (distant?) future the world will wake up and plus 2s will be worth more than the roller skate baby Elans!!!

Best I run and hide now!!

:D

Ban him, I said ban him!!
can you run faster than a Zetec powered roller skate? :lol: :lol: :lol:

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Thu May 31, 2007 6:59 am

tower of strength wrote: One day in the (distant?) future the world will wake up and plus 2s will be worth more than the roller skate baby Elans!!!
Best I run and hide now!! :D

Yer....right .....and that would be in a world where a Morris Minor is worth more then a Ferrari Dino :shock: ......you had better go back to reading your Harry Potter books :lol:
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: zeteclotus » Thu May 31, 2007 2:38 pm

Good late +2 go for around 10K and Zetecs a little more private sale and about 15K to 25K from the trade.

Badly presented need of work go for around 6k. with the occasional bargain for less.

I have just sold a zetec +2 and have been watching the market over the last year, While deciding to sell or not.

The +2 is better looking but not the original in my opinion I prefer the +2.

Has anyone else noticed the price of small classic cars has been going up?

I think the days of a decent +2 for 5k went about the same time you could buy a semi in buckinghamshire for less than ?100k

I just wonder how many +2's are still around

Regards
Paul
zeteclotus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Thu May 31, 2007 10:05 pm

OK, 5k is a bit on the low side, but not that low, there are hell of a lot of unsold cars that have been on the market a fair old time. Maybe I just under value my own cars? I see a well restored plus 2 as being worth about ?7k privately, around ?11 from a dealer with a warranty, add to that a proven qed type engine rebuild and you could add a couple of grand, maybe another grand for a pucker leather retrim.

Cars with a mot seem to make ?5kish on ebay of late in need of work.

Higher priced cars seem to sit around for a long time

the long and short of it is that these cars cost a lot more to restore than they are worth . . . but i still prefer the plus 2 shape to any of the other early cars, just my opinion :D

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:17 pm

I think the Elanbulance is a much prettier car...

Carl

dsc_0274_5348-2.jpg and
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: