+2 convertible

PostPost by: john-c-elan+2 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:11 pm

Hi Chaps, is there anyone out there with a +2 convertible ? I have had a phone call asking for opinion on whether this is a good conversion, and wud like to pass this guys phone number on. He wants to talk with an owner if possible ? His intention is to build a Spyder zetec, but as a drop- head. Spyder have not done this (yet). Thks jon
john-c-elan+2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:03 pm

Hi

There is a damaged one on ebay you may be interested in?

The Item number is: 4604589930

The listing says contact Paul on 0121 351 7592 for more information. It may be worth a phone call, it says he has owned the car for the past 18 years.

Hope this helps

Jason
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john-c-elan+2 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:09 pm

Thanks Jason, I passed that on. By the way, it makes you wonder why Spyder don't do a drop-head ? jon
john-c-elan+2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:15 pm

Jon

I'm sure if you offered Spyder enough money they would lop the roof off!

I don't know how much extra work is involved in converting the +2 to a soft top?

As the car already has a separate chassis the body gives very little to the strength and rigidity of the vehicle, so I would not imagine the body would need strengthening? There would be a little work strengthening the front screen, but once you have made a frame up it would be easy to reproduce. Considering the price of convertible cars compared to hard tops, I would imagine the extra work would be worth the trouble.

How many completely renovated vehicles do Spyder turn out a year? Maybe they do not do the numbers worth deviating from their relatively small market?

Jason
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Si_130/5 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:56 pm

Hi John,

The blue ebay convertible Plus Two belongs to Paul Robinshaw (remember the seminal work entitled 'Authentic Elan & Plus 2'?) and I'm told it needs a new front end. If anyone is interested and if it hasn't already gone I believe he's looking for over ?3,000.

Best wishes,

Si
Si_130/5
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:36 pm

a CLOG (Paul Crane) decided he was selling his about 12months ago......I think he may still have it and he had advertised it on here too not so long ago...I'll see if I can find the ad......
cheers
G
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:42 pm

found it!!!!
the car is in very good condition!!!!!......if I didnt have so many I'd be tempted!!!!

http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1957

cheers
G :)
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: