Pozidrive screws

PostPost by: pudge2260 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:14 pm

Looking for a source to purchase Posi drive machine screws and sheet metal screws in assortment sets.
Restoring a 1970 Lotus Elan +2. :D
pudge2260
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:57 pm

Being British I cannot recommend a supplier for Oregon. However, I have always found assortments to be of dubious value, as they never seem to have the particular screw I need. I now buy what I need at the time I need it. This probably costs more postage and delay, but at least I didn’t have to rummage through an assortment before I bought the size I need.

Hope this helps,

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:15 pm

Oddly enough I've just ordered a range of stainless screws of differing types for various purposes for my '68 Plus 2 restoration.

I use Kays fasteners who are on Ebay, very good and their Ebay shop is easy to use.

Best, IMO, to measure and order specifically what you need + some spares

https://www.kayfast.co.uk/
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:45 am

Why Pozidrive? Usually, Phillips head srews are used for automotive applications and Pozi for building, plus, I think you will find better selections of Phillips head for what you want to do..

Just a suggestion,, :)
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: USA64 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:08 pm

https://www.mcmaster.com/=22klk0h/
I've had good luck with McMaster. They seem to have Pozi tips but not the screws though. :(
We are supposed to be having fun, are we not?
USA64
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:55 pm

In the US I normally just go to local hardware store/chain. Most screw on the elan are common # sizes and store have decent selection. If I am struggling I go to a local bolt supplier.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: draenog » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:18 pm

jono wrote:Oddly enough I've just ordered a range of stainless screws of differing types for various purposes for my '68 Plus 2 restoration.

I use Kays fasteners who are on Ebay, very good and their Ebay shop is easy to use.

Best, IMO, to measure and order specifically what you need + some spares

https://www.kayfast.co.uk/

I've used Kays fasteners several times in the past, without problems, but two weeks ago I ordered a pack of 10 7/16 UNF nylocs. I got back 8 which were clearly the wrong size (3/8) and two which looked OK but were tight. I had to order another lot (this time from GWR fasteners, which fit as expected). They get good feedback, so it may have been a simple mistake. Would normally open an eBay case, but it's not worth the hassle for £4.37.
draenog
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: MACCA.GLM » Wed May 17, 2023 9:01 pm

Hello

I am in uk and use ORBIX self drilling and tapping screws.For me they are the best.

Check out orbix.oscsales.co.uk. Hope this helps.

Regards

G
MACCA.GLM
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Thu May 18, 2023 8:49 am

'I've used Kays fasteners several times in the past, without problems, but two weeks ago I ordered a pack of 10 7/16 UNF nylocs. I got back 8 which were clearly the wrong size (3/8) and two which looked OK but were tight. I had to order another lot (this time from GWR fasteners, which fit as expected). They get good feedback, so it may have been a simple mistake. Would normally open an eBay case, but it's not worth the hassle for £4.37.'

Why did you not just contact Kays and tell them of their mistake? I am sure they would have put the correct fasteners in the post to you without even wanting the incorrect ones back, as they would have to have paid for the return post, as per Ebay returns policy on faulty goods, EU directive 2849.19 :lol: for the anti Brexit lovers amoungst us.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Thu May 18, 2023 9:51 am

I have used Kay`s Fasteners several times with complete satisfaction.
During the recent postal strike an order failed to arrive. After my notifying them we agreed to leave it another seven days and then they sent me a replacement. The original order never turned up. They were helpful and friendly.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: