Harry Metcalfe and his new Emira.

https://youtu.be/9aZMaJRfC-k
Elan +2
Elise mk 1
Donels
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gherlt » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:36 am

The first car from Lotus since original Elise I seriously consider wanting if I wouldn't have the Elan.
1964 S1 (at paint shop)
1967 S3 DHC
1969 S4 FHC (at BB's home)

https://theelanman.com for details on Brian Bucklands book.
https://shop.lotus-books.com for more Lotus related books.
We ship worldwide. PM/Email me.
gherlt
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:19 am

Very pretty car but despite what anyone says it's a reworked Evora under the skin, which to be fair is no bad thing :)
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:39 pm

Really interesting.

I also found his review of his elan sprint. Brilliant.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: EPA » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:06 pm

jono wrote:Very pretty car but despite what anyone says it's a reworked Evora under the skin, which to be fair is no bad thing :)

To my eyes the Evora never quite looked the part and from some angles the styling didn’t work at all whereas the Emira looks fantastic from every angle although I have yet to see it first hand.
Ed
EPA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:14 pm

When we had the 60th Elan Picnic at Hethel this September Matt Windle bought an Emira over for us to have a look at.

It is a very nice looking Lotus, well finished too. What struck a lot of us there though was how big a car it is. Perhaps, surrounded as we were by many Elans and Plus 2s, it was just a relative sub-conscious thing; even so, like so many cars today, it seemed big.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: deryck » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:38 pm

Is that correct that if its raining and you lift the rear boot lid you soak the engine and potential luggage?
and if the boots up water goes through the gap?

perhaps they were trying to emulate early plus 2s that let the water in from the door panel gaps!

must be missing something here!
deryck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: AlistairF » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:47 pm

The Emira does look fabulous but I think they are something like 40mm wider than the Evora so would be tight in my garage.. but I guess I would make it fit if I had to!

However, I decided to sticking with my Evora S which has the Komotec 430 kit and it is a joy to drive. I can't justify the difference in price to the Emira, which is why have the Elan +2S to fill the gap between my Evora and Caterham 7.

But no guesses on the forum as to which one has done the most miles this year? Yep, the Elan.

I am content :D
Attachments
IMG_2324.jpeg and
AlistairF
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: jono » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:30 am

...nice garage Alistair, was just aout to comment on that lovely Plus 2 and then it dawned on me!

...I actually sold that car to buy an Evora, which I sold after 2 years.....to buy another Plus 2! (and an Elise)
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:37 pm

There sure is lots of hype about the Emira, easier to get into, modern fit and finish (10 years ago)….

I sure am keen to see what happens to lite-weight Emira’s, if they can get them close to 1000kg lol
N American speaking, the Evora GT and 400 seem like great machines…You lucky folk in Europe and Australia with 2014+ Elige and more Evora offerings.

I am happy Geely and associates have made something new and it seems good with a “Lotus-NYO” badge.
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:16 pm

Cancelled my order after what I heard Lotus were doing to the dealer network…. Shocking (allegedly). Won’t be buying a new one again unless it changes….

Cheers
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: UAB807F » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:07 am

mark030358 wrote:Cancelled my order after what I heard Lotus were doing to the dealer network…. Shocking (allegedly). Won’t be buying a new one again unless it changes….

Cheers

Hmm, I've not read anything, but then again I'd probably miss gossip and there's no Lotus dealers anywhere near me to hear from.

Idle curiosity, what's it about ? PM if you think it's libellous to post on an open forum ?

Brian
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: SENC » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:41 pm

Saw the Emira for the 2nd time this weekend - 2 were at the local cars and coffee after some test drives for publicity at the soon to open local dealership. Beautiful cars in person - but as I prefer cars I can work on I'll stick with the older ones.
Henry
69 Elan S4
65 Seven S2
SENC
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:32 pm

deryck wrote:Is that correct that if its raining and you lift the rear boot lid you soak the engine and potential luggage?
and if the boots up water goes through the gap?

perhaps they were trying to emulate early plus 2s that let the water in from the door panel gaps!

must be missing something here!

No they were emulating the S2 Elan which allowed the trunk to become a small, very small, hot tub when it rained.
Slowtus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:34 am

Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: