Parts “Rescue”

PostPost by: S2Jay » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:10 pm

Hi All,
This is an odd request, perhaps…[and I am not certain in which category to place it]

I have been attempting to purchase a used/rebuildable TwinCam Head from a fellow who was referred by Ken of Dave Bean. The condition looks very good from pics. We have agreed on the sale & a price, but an issue has developed with packing it securely & shipping it. The Seller is located in Dundas, Ontario, Canada, near Toronto, or Buffalo in the U.S.

This process began last August. The seller was called back into his work as they became very busy & he was no longer able to work-from-home.

I am in southern California, and it is not practical for me to fly or drive back myself, partially due to time, distance & some health issues with my wife.

It recently occurred to me that there may be someone in the Elan community in that area who may be interested in earning a “Service Fee” by picking up the head, then taking it to a packing/shipping business to send it out [at my expense, obviously].

If anyone knows, or can contact anyone in that area who would be interested in this odd bit of an adventure, please let me know, or have them contact me, netdriver 9 yahoo . com.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
just looking for clues at the scene....
S2Jay
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:50 pm

Try Tony Vaccaro, President of Lotus Ltd. PM sent

He's in the Buffalo, NY area.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: S2Jay » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:19 pm

@Greg Z

Thanks for the suggestion, Greg. I did join Lotus, Ltd some time ago, and I know of Tony V by reputation, of course, but not personally. I knew that Tony was in NY, but I did not realize that he was in that part of the state.

While I expect to cover any expenses plus some compensation for time spent, I still consider this a significant request of time & effort. Many of us do not have an excess of extra time for this sort of thing, unless we are perhaps retired & may find it of some interest to extend a favor to someone for whatever personal interest, curiosity, helpfulness, etc.

That said, I do not feel like making a personal request of anyone. I would hope to find someone interested in volunteering, so I will leave that up to Mr. V. It may be more likely that he knows of someone in that area, or perhaps I should check if there is a place where a notice similar to this can be placed in the Lotus Ltd website. I only suspect that they have an active website, but now I need to investigate that. So thanks for leading me to that suggestion!

Well, I have just checked that website & found no place to post a notice such as this. There is a “cars & parts for sale” section, but is limited apparently to “cars & parts”, so I will leave questions about anything further to Mr. V.

Should no one in the area be available, it may be possible to locate a shipping/packing business & perhaps a motivated uber/lyft type person to handle the pick-up/delivery task, for a slight additional fee, of course!

The excitement continues.
just looking for clues at the scene....
S2Jay
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: