Thumbs up for Pilgrim Motorsport

PostPost by: Baggy2 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:41 pm

From time to time people ask for body shop recommendations on the forum. I've just had my '68 +2 re-sprayed by Pilgrim motorsport in Small Dole , Sussex and I'd recommend other Lotus owners give them a call if in the market for body restoration,
Pilgrim are well known as manufacturers of Cobra and Porsche speedster replicas. What's not so well known is that they also have a restoration workshop covering all types of classic car - I learnt that when I went to an open day a couple of years ago.
In my case they did a full 'back to gel coat' job. They did any minor repairs and optimised panel gaps etc - they did an excellent job. The whole team had a 'can do' attitude and took a great deal of pride in their work . They stuck to their original quote to the penny.
i don't like giving recommendations in case some disaster takes place and its 'my fault' but I will say that anyone in the South of England should give Pilgrim a call .
See picture below - next jobs are to get the wheels refurbished and do the interior.
No connection just a satisfied customer.
IMG_20211115_102708_449 (1).jpg and
Baggy2
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:02 am

Car looks great! Very distinctive. :D
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Andy8421 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:03 am

The car does look great. Pilgrim aren't far from me, and I am still undecided on the best route forward with painting.

Do you know what paint system / manufacturer they used?

Thanks,

Andy.
68 Elan S3 HSCC Roadsports spec
71 Elan Sprint (being restored)
32 Standard 12
Various modern stuff
Andy8421
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Baggy2 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:40 am

Hi Andy
I'm afraid I dont know the technical details of their paint system. I figured that with their huge involvement with GRP they would know what to use so I left the choice of materials to them . I had also seen their work when I went to the open day. The man to talk to at Pilgrim is Trevor Jones - he is the body shop manager and I'm sure he will be pleased to help.
All the best
Baggy2
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:13 pm

Fantastic colour- what is it?

And while I'm not usually a fan of gold wheel-centres, they look good here. Good too to see 5-spoke Revs on a Plus 2; I've got a set that will go on eventually.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: woodie » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:29 am

Great to see another +2 being loved. The colour works really well with the chrome. :D
Tony
woodie
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Baggy2 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:06 am

Hi Guys
Thanks for the compliments - Its a Lotus colour but a modern one usually on Elises etc - Its called Storm.
I put the revolution wheels on many years ago largely because the original steel wheels were so out of true I wanted to go to alloy. The choice was very limited at the time but I do like the Revolutions so that's fine
Cheers
Baggy
Baggy2
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: