Lotus Elan

Selling parts on ebay- first issue in fifteen years.

PostPost by: pharriso » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:40 pm

h20hamelan wrote:I just received eBay NOS Italy 151’s
Nope, new Spanish. They seem good to fine, none of the casting slag etc. Though I will be polishing bits.
Seller claims (we spoke on the phone) he did not have them listed as NOS, luckily I screenshot as I go.
The last pair of NOS 151’s he sold was 5 years ago apparently. Claims he would not have misrepresented them. When you search history on ebay, there have not been NOS 151’s for years. So his story, replies from email, and a chat. Seems eBay is in the wrong.

I do not think there is such a thing as Italian DCOE -151 or 152s. My understanding is that after Weber went bust Marelli re-engineered the DCOE to reduce cost & came out with just these 2 models "Universal" manufactured in Spain.

Correction: Just done more research, it looks like Marelli took over Weber in 1986 & made the re-engineered -149 & 151 in Italy before transfering production to Spain in 1992. Here's a photo of an Italian -151:
40DCOE-151_Italian.jpg and

Not surprising you haven't seen any NOS Italian made carbs in a while, they would have to be at least 28 years old.
Last edited by pharriso on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:04 pm

Sure could be, dont know.
They were advertised as such, and seller claims the listing was wrong.
Only a comment as to eBay integrity, if its true which it sure seems like it. I have checked ebay historic listings many times over a few days, again years ago was the last NOS.
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: