Lotus Certificate of Provenance

PostPost by: Thornts » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:59 pm

gjz30075 wrote:It actually helped me get a title for my Coupe, here in the States. This is probably Lotus' attempt to
play with the big boys. What does a COA cost from Porsche, or Ferrari?

Good question, £50ish from Porsche, free if you are a member of the owners club which seems entirely reasonable. I dread to think what Ferrari charge...
Hopefully there will be a 'just the facts, on non-premium paper' version for owners who want to know about their car (which Lotus have already money out of once, albeit maybe 55 years ago) and have enough carbon fiber (effect) book marks. Those who want all the goodies and are happy to pay £170 (not much on a £60K car) can have the bells and whistles version.
Don't think this is pitched at us Elan types but I hope they don't make it obligatory just to get the details of your car. Now if the bookmark was fiberglass effect with a bit of crazing and some micro-blisters...
Cheers
Rob
S3 SE FHC
S2 7
Thornts
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: TBG » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:09 pm

Tim dear lad - why do I need a piece of paper................... :shock:
TBG
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:50 pm

I got the more basic one plus the additional letter for my former Esprit circa 2011 or so, and it seemed worth it at the time especially since I had some questions about the car. One thing I learned from the letter is that my Esprit was the only one anywhere in the world made with that exact combination of paint, leather, and carpet colours. The carpet was really what made it so, as it was one of only ten cars that had that variation, probably due to running out of the right stuff and using what they could get their hands on.

As for my Plus 2, somewhere in this forum there's a thread in which Andy asks me to send him scans of some of my car's documentation (I have original sales docs, old titles, etc.) as my Plus 2 is one of the cars for which records were lost. I should have charged him a certificate fee! :mrgreen:
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Hethel_Haus » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Is Andy still working as an archivist under the new program? I was just starting to have him do a history search of my Plus 2 when the new program was announced this week. My emails to him have gone unanswered.
Steve
'73 Elan +2S 130/5 Cabriolet
Hethel_Haus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: draenog » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Hethel_Haus wrote:Is Andy still working as an archivist under the new program? I was just starting to have him do a history search of my Plus 2 when the new program was announced this week. My emails to him have gone unanswered.

Judging by the picture in the first post, the answer is yes (last line on example certificate says ANDY GRAHAM Company Archivist).
draenog
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: lostmybearing » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:09 am

I just last week spoke with Andy. He is working from home due to the Covid. He is preparing my certificate. Cost , 44 pounds.
lostmybearing
New-tral

Previous

Total Online: