Lotus Elan

What did you do to your Lotus today...

PostPost by: berni29 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:57 am

Hi

Love the wheels and the yellow colour, car looks great!

Are they standard tyres and did you use any spacers on the wheels? The offsets look pretty much correct.

Edit, of course they are knock on, so spacers unlikely!

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:21 am

Thanks Berni!

Correct, no spacers. The tyres are the correct 165/80 (although aodern design), and as near as I can tell the offset is the same as the original. But the centre and spokes being mostly closer to the plane of the outer rim than most of the centres of the originao.steel wheels gives the illusion of a more 'muscular' look.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:19 pm

Loaded the boot with the dismantled and wrapped Engine Stand I'd borrowed from Baggy2 and drove to his country cottage some 20 miles away. Missed a turning and was redirected through a ford and on the way out the car spluttered and stalled, unknown, blocking the path of a country bus behind me! The lady driver helped me push clear but there was hardly any water on the electrics though the HT lead seemed loose in the coil and we were soon running again. Had a good chat with Baggy and pleasant return with some sun, completing 1000 miles since my rebuild without engine problems (after sorting a clutch fluid leakage).

Had only taken one bite of lunch when a knock on the door announced not a parcel delivery but a man with a Marcos 1800! He's a taxi driver who had carried me when a bus failed to turn up. He's been promising to bring it round for years and is only in the next village. Having seen a Marcos at the Earls Court exhibition in 1965, aged 13, and set his heart on one he bought his in 1976 and It turned out to be the 1965 show car! The Marcos works refurbished it very nicely some years ago (for half the price that St Wilkins had asked) and it is immaculate. It was fairly lively but was not as comfortable as an Elan and crashed the exhaust frequently (Marcos weld skids onto the silencer to protect it)! As a visual impact it rates 11 and the 3 litre version must be phenomenal!

IMG_9761 Alan with Marcos.JPG and
IMG_9765.JPG and
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Baggy2 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:07 pm

Loaded the boot with the dismantled and wrapped Engine Stand I'd borrowed from Baggy2 and drove to his country cottage some 20 miles away

Thanks Meg for returning the engine stand in such pristine condition - I'm sure its better than when I lent it to you.
Glad your return journey was better than out-going . Your S1.5 looked and sounded great as you drove off.
Cheers
Baggy
Baggy2
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: