Lotus 70th Anniversary event

PostPost by: wotsisname » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:40 pm

pereirac wrote:From the Lotus website..
" The event is officially open from 10am to 4pm. Those Lotus car owners who have secured a YELLOW car sticker will need to arrive at Lotus Cars between 7:30am and 9am to gain access to track parking."

It's going to be a long day for cars with a yellow pass (which we have) ... :D

A great chance to take a close look at all models of the Marque......... I'll be the irritating chap asking +2 owners "what thread size is that ?" and "is it supposed to fit together like that ?"

It's going to be a long & sunny day :D
1968 Elan plus 2 - project
2007 Elise S2 [modified with a Hethel 70th sticker (yellow)]
2000 Elise S1 - Sold
wotsisname
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:44 pm

wotsisname wrote:
pereirac wrote:From the Lotus website..
" The event is officially open from 10am to 4pm. Those Lotus car owners who have secured a YELLOW car sticker will need to arrive at Lotus Cars between 7:30am and 9am to gain access to track parking."

It's going to be a long day for cars with a yellow pass (which we have) ... :D

A great chance to take a close look at all models of the Marque......... I'll be the irritating chap asking +2 owners "what thread size is that ?" and "is it supposed to fit together like that ?"

Do you need a +2 workshop manual to answer your questions ? I have a spare one I can bring tomorrow? :-)
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:34 pm

wotsisname wrote:
snip

Have fun asking me some questions then :D

083.jpg and
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Coupe » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Looks like it's going to be an annual event at Hethel - large sign as you leave the factory states 'see you again next year'.
Coupe
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Coupe » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:15 pm

For anyone not attending the event is going to be streamed on Youtube tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_d5FpkIdi8
Coupe
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: reb53 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:34 am

Coupe wrote:For anyone not attending the event is going to be streamed on Youtube tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_d5FpkIdi8

Any recommenations for some good software to record streaming video ?

I often download Youtube stuff to watch later, and wouldn't mind doing it for this, but the software I have doesn't support recording streaming.
Would liked to have done it for Goodwood after they stopped putting the whole days action up on Youtube.
It used to go up a few months after the actual event, and you could download the whole 9 hours for each day and watch it at your leisure.
reb53
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: wotsisname » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:52 am

Pereira, thanks for the offer.. I've already got the ws manual and several others.. there always seems to be some part that is listed in the parts manual , but you can't find in the box of bits... The beauty of this forum is that someone will know.
I managed to meet quite a few +2 owners.. so a great day.. hopefully some of my pictures will turn out Ok.
1968 Elan plus 2 - project
2007 Elise S2 [modified with a Hethel 70th sticker (yellow)]
2000 Elise S1 - Sold
wotsisname
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:59 am

An absolutely amazing day yesterday the sun was shinning and there were hundreds of Lotus cars as well, what was not to like (oh yes no entrance feel either)?
Some beautiful Elans and +2s of every colour.The parade laps at the end was a bit slow for us owners of 'older' Lotus, there was a lovely +2 parked on the side of the track and I was just behind a red Europa which seems to have a bit more white smoke than average coming out the back!
We met an interesting owner from Stuttgart who has a a couple of Elans and it seems my wife has now volunteered us to drive over to Germany next year for one of their Lotus events...

p9290061.jpg and

p9290060.jpg and

p9290059.jpg and

p9290058.jpg and

p9290056.jpg and

p9290055.jpg and
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:56 pm

This has been posted by Bibs on TLF. Sad that it wasn't circulated more widely:

Dear All,

On behalf of Group Lotus, I would like to thank you all for your support and participation in the Lotus 70th celebrations. It was a genuine pleasure to meet so many of you, and to bring so many iconic cars together to the home of Lotus at Hethel. Having read through several of the forums now, I am pleased to see that the event has been well received by those that attended or watched over the live streams. There are many elements involved in turning a design and production facility into a showground for the day, and we are grateful to so many of you to help us make this happen. Special thanks go to Bibs, and TLF for their support.

Please look out for a few more videos of the event that we will put out on social media over the coming days, and please do continue to post and share using #lotus70.

Best Regards

Marcus

Marcus Blake
Commercial Director
GROUP LOTUS PLC
Part of the GEELY HOLDING GROUP
Hethel, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8EZ, England

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:02 pm

And crickey! Lotus is a 'grand old marque' now!

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/new ... 0(03.10.18)::Hyperlink_20180111_101418266&utm_source=20181003

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanman68 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Mines in the top picture third row over on inside of the track, behind the Silver Evora :D .
Elanman68
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: