Miles Wilkins

PostPost by: lotuar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Thank you!

I see that 0 1243 554422 is the number listed for Fibreglass Services. - do you think he can be reached there?

If anyone expects to see him, I have uploaded a pdf of the letter and images I sent. I would be sincerely interested in his response.

...and while I'm visiting with a group of Elan enthusiasts - I'd also be interested to hear your reaction to the differential mounting shown on the last page of the enclosed pdf. I have reason to believe that it is a prototype of the Elan mount.

-Doug
Attachments
Wilkins.pdf
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 1410 times
lotuar
New-tral

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:58 pm

lotuar wrote:Thank you!

I see that 0 1243 554422 is the number listed for Fibreglass Services. - do you think he can be reached there?

If anyone expects to see him, I have uploaded a pdf of the letter and images I sent. I would be sincerely interested in his response.

...and while I'm visiting with a group of Elan enthusiasts - I'd also be interested to hear your reaction to the differential mounting shown on the last page of the enclosed pdf. I have reason to believe that it is a prototype of the Elan mount.

-Doug

I know of no other but he is not always close to it.

I've printed your pdf and will take it round in a few days. I don't know the Elite so can't comment on the diff.
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: lotuar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Thank you!!

I'll also try calling and report back if I have any luck.

-Doug
lotuar
New-tral

PostPost by: lotuar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:57 pm

I got through to Miles Wilkins on the phone this morning.

What a great person to speak with!!

He did receive my package of photographs etc, so there is no need to make a special trip to deliver them. Thanks very much for offering.

I'll be communicating with him further regarding additional details on my Elite, but being that this is an Elan group, I'll move my jabbering to the MK14 Yahoo group.

Thanks very much for helping put me in touch with Miles!!

-Doug

1963 Elite #1559
1965 Seven #LSB-2072
1987 Turbo Esprit (bought new)
Formerly:
1956 XI #249
One +2 and 5-6 assorted Elans
lotuar
New-tral

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:25 pm

I spoke with Miles a few weeks ago but forgot to post here. :(

He has already sold the site for housing but will be using the premises until November to renovate his own S3 FHC, which has been off the road since about 1995, and his wife's +2. He is not accepting any more repair work or rebuilds of any sort.

After November he will move site, hopefully to next door, in order to sell parts for about five years (Plan A). Meanwhile he is still on the original phone number and address. I will post again when he has firmed up his moving plans.
Meg

________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: lotuar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:19 am

Thanks to all!

I've been communicating with Miles via land-line and he's been a tremendous help clarifying the origins of the twin-cam Elite I'm restoring.

If you see him, tell him that I really appreciate his assistance.

-Doug
lotuar
New-tral

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:09 pm

lotuar wrote:Thanks to all!

I've been communicating with Miles via land-line and he's been a tremendous help clarifying the origins of the twin-cam Elite I'm restoring.

If you see him, tell him that I really appreciate his assistance.

-Doug

Will do, Doug.

He much prefers using the phone to reading emails and that's probably why his jobs took so long!
Meg

Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: