Goodwood Members Meeting 18-19 March 2017

PostPost by: paddy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi,

I'll be at Goodwood over the weekend and parked in the chicane paddock if anyone wants to say hi.

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Rob P » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:27 am

Hi Paddy,
Saw your car over the weekend but no one was about sadly, lovely looking little car 8)

Great weekend as always and after a short sharp shower on the Saturday morning no rain which made it all the more enjoyable
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi,

Rob P wrote:Saw your car over the weekend but no one was about sadly, lovely looking little car 8)

Great weekend as always and after a short sharp shower on the Saturday morning no rain which made it all the more enjoyable

Thanks and sorry I missed you. I talked to quite a few Elan owners, prospective owners and ex-owners over the two days.

The weather was warmer than the last couple of Members Meetings and we even got a few minutes of sunshine. The racing Elans were impressive in the Graham Hill trophy, one in particular which was outpaced only by the Cobras and V8 TVR.
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Rob P » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:37 pm

I did manage to get one picture of your car whilst I was there, it was certainly attracting a lot of attention whilst I was in the vicinity.
img_8932.jpg and
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Mike Spence » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:27 am

My real name is Michel, from Belgium and I am a great fan of the Lotus Elan ! And yes I saw your little nice car !
I took about 10 pictures of your car. So nice it is ! I can see that the bodyshell is of a 26R ? Is this a new shell roadcar weight or did you transformed the Original body ?
I am looking for the best supplier of these 26R shells. Can you recomended me one ?
Ps I will post a few pics later.
Thanks,
Michel
Mike Spence
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi,

Mike Spence wrote:My real name is Michel, from Belgium and I am a great fan of the Lotus Elan ! And yes I saw your little nice car !
I took about 10 pictures of your car. So nice it is ! I can see that the bodyshell is of a 26R ? Is this a new shell roadcar weight or did you transformed the Original body ?

Thanks. It's the original Bourne body but the previous owner fitted the 26/R wheel arches.

Mike Spence wrote:I am looking for the best supplier of these 26R shells. Can you recomended me one ?

There are others here who know a lot more than I do about this, but I do know that Tony Thompson does them. I don't know if there are any other suppliers.

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mike Spence » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:01 am

Goodwood was fantastic !

Michel
Attachments
dsc_1736.jpg and
dsc_1367.jpg and
dsc_1351.jpg and