Comic Strip Biography.

PostPost by: Orsom Weels » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:25 am

Found this just before the original post but was beaten to pass it on by Vince :D Received my copy last week so took it for some light reading on a weekend away, Well worth the ?4 I paid just for some of the art work, but also contains some good info & seems quite accurate
Tim
Orsom Weels
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:59 am

Chancer wrote:Gone up to ?8 now, I should have bought one.
?

Just ordered another at ?2.25....

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Chancer wrote:Pereirac.

That explains things, it seemed so familiar as a bande dessin?e yet so strange in comic book format and I agree, comic or cartoon doesnt do it justice but there just isnt a word in English to convey the meaning of bande dessin?e.

I looked at the Amazon.fr link but it was too much to expect it to be a similar price :roll: I was confused however by the words "album format" as opposed to Kindle format, do you know what that means? I'm guessing a hardback version of the bande dessin?e.

IMO the reason its being sold so cheap is that the comic book format was alien and unattractive to UK customers and it didnt sell.

Chancer,

The Kindle format is Amazons E-Book electronic version for their reader.. The three volumes cost me around ?10 each ... Try Fnac, I bought one volume from them in a sale...Books tend to be more expensive in France!!

Carl
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: