Lotus Festival - Brands Hatch August 15 & 16th

PostPost by: pharriso » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Anyone planning to go to the Lotus Festival @ Brands on the 16th of August?

I am passing through the UK at the weekend & have a flight out of Heathrow late Sunday afternoon.

I might be able to go early & get out at lunchtime.... more interested if I can meet up some fellow forum chaps...

Here's a link to the festival - http://www.lotus-festival.com/

Seems that this is the best Lotus event now that Donnington is gone :(
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Sadly I'll be away this year but it is usually a good event.

Regards
Richard
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jabingb » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:12 am

Phil, I too am planning of going over for the event and would appreciate some lodging and transportation advise from our cousins. Is there reasonably priced lodging near Brands or should I stay in London? Is there public transportation to the track or at least walking distance from it? Jerry
Jerry:
'61 S2 Elite | '69 S4 Elan FHC | '00 S1 Elise Sport 190
jabingb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: PeterK » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:31 am

At the moment I plan to be there on the Sunday.

Sorry, not local to Brands, but not far enough away to need to stay, so can't advise on accommodation.
Peter
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:36 am

Public transport is terrible to Brands hatch. There is a hotel next door, (Brands Hatch Thistle) but from memory is not cheap.
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tournesol » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi all,

I am planning to go with the +2, weather depending and over here, you never know....

I've never been to Brands even though I don't leave that far away. I'll try have a look about accommodations and transports and report later.

Looking forward to meet a few faces.

T.
Tournesol
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jabingb » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:03 am

I still haven't gotten any substantive thoughts on either lodging or transport for the event. I'll be arriving at Heathrow on the morning of the 14th and would like to head toward Brands via public transit. My goal would be to find some reasonably priced lodging for that night through Sunday, the 16th. I'd like to be within 10-15 miles as I also plan on renting a bicycle if possible to provide the motive power to and from the event. So, if someone could provide some thoughts/guidance I'd very much appreciate it. Cheers
Jerry
Jerry:
jabingb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Apx » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:14 am

Hi,
i don't live that far away from Brands, the transport links are bad and not worth considering. Driving is well catered for so i would hire a car. There are lots of hotels within a 10 mile radius aswell as pubs doing B+B, some in nice villages. Do an internet search it should reveal what you want. I am going, but am unsure at present which day. Cheers Neal
IF EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE GOING WELL, YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY OVERLOOKED
SOMETHING.
Apx
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jabingb » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Neal, Thanks for the input. I just made a res at the Maidstone-Seven Oaks Holiday Inn and am still considering the bike rental. I may come to my senses after considering weather. My logic is that BH traffic will be a nightmare but this isn't a GP is it, just a gathering of fellow Lotus crazies, hmmmm. Jerry
Jerry:
jabingb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Apx » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:53 pm

Brands traffic for the last few years at this event presented no real problem, i'll look at the format to see if theres anything different this year like British Touring Cars which attract large crowds.
IF EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE GOING WELL, YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY OVERLOOKED
SOMETHING.
Apx
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Peter +2 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:44 pm

I have heard this place is quite a good pub which also has rooms.
http://www.risingsun-fawkham.co.uk/#!/

I have never been or stayed there but you will be able to judge for yourself on tripadvisor or similar. They would also be able to help you arrange transportation from the pub.

Peter
1968 +2 BRM
Peter +2
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:11 am

Just a reminder as it's today & tomorrow (Sunday)

I'll be there with Spyder man Sunday morning. Look for the "Likely lads"... I'll be wearing a green "Simplify & add lightness" T shirt... Say hi!! :wink:
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:33 am

I was on track on Thursday ( yes, biblical storm day) and a rather tidy blue +2 turned up in the paddock, Belgium plates I think.
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:32 am

Hope you guys will take some photos and post them up for those of us that can't attend.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:07 pm

I shall be there tomorrow with SWMBO and will be picking up Mr Pharriso on the way.

I shall be wearing Grumpy Bodgers Lotus Drivers Club shirt in his honour. John was generous enough to leave me 2 shirts, one from his salad days which actually fits me nicely and another from his beer and schnitzel days which is like the main portion of a 3 ring circus tent.

I shall take lots of terrible photos and blame the quality of the camera as per usual.

Do say hello, I look like my avatar apart from the striped shirt ( see above)

PS: it's Phils fault that I will not be bringing an ?lan. No Kermit to look at this year, sorry!
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: