Tatton Park Classic Car Show May 2015

PostPost by: Elseezed » Sat May 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Lotus display stand today. I have only got eyes for +2's at the moment so drawn to the white +2 same as mine and owned by John, had a nice chat and took photo's for reference.

For now, Les.
Attachments
Tatton May 2015 107.JPG and
Tatton Park May 2015
Tatton May 2015 104.JPG and
Tatton Park May 2015
Elseezed
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Sat May 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Have to say its been a while since i've seen three +2's in a row, maybe next year i can bring mine too :) but then we don't want them to become as common as the two seaters :lol:

Joking aside there was a good turn out of Elans this year, when we came past there was no one about to chat too (sods law) but with our two seater getting close should catch up at the CLOG meet. These shows are good, gives me the kick in the back side to get ours done :)
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat May 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Les

Nice piccies,thanks,was a good day,weather stayed fine,tomorrow it's going to hiss it down..

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: weddingcarclive » Sat May 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Where are the north west or Gtr Manchester area get together's held ??
weddingcarclive
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun May 31, 2015 6:14 am

Don't know about the others but I don't do " get togethers", other than Tatton Park,what was Woodvale ( now Victoria Park,Llandudno Festival of Transport,Cheshire Outdoor Events,Newark Autojumbles,Hare and Hounds-Peaks and Dales , etc,etc,etc

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: weddingcarclive » Sun May 31, 2015 8:29 am

Cheers John, I stopped doing shows when show organisers started charging us for the privilege of providing themselves gate income ! After all without all the hard work done to keep our cars interesting to view and worth the public paying to see on a couple of sunny days a year, we are just being used to produce revenue, when in essence they should really be paying us to attend !!!! Yeah like that would ever happen aye ?

I used to attend somewhat local monthly pub meets of the Austin drivers club where you could swap info as on here but with added bonus of seeing faces along with cars, not mentioning one guys attempting to interest us with a tape recording of the sound of his newly rebuilt Austin 10 engine which I am sure he had actually run it in on tape, the noise droning on for what seemed an age with intermittent rev changes,
nearly as pleasing as Rap music !!!
weddingcarclive
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Sun May 31, 2015 8:34 am

I was there. My blue Elan was in the middle.
We were probably all searching for stuff in the Autojumble area when you passed by.
We had five Elans and three Plus Twos with another Elan in the private entry area. I have never seen so many.
This is a Club Lotus stand and the Lancashire/Merseyside bunch meet in Standish, Wigan. The Cheshire branch organised the stand and their meets seem to vary, but it is all in the magazine or email newsletters.
Eric in Burnley
S3SE DHC.

PS. having just seen the above post; Tatton Park is free if you take a car to show.
Last edited by ericbushby on Sun May 31, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: weddingcarclive » Sun May 31, 2015 8:43 am

Hi Eric, where in Standish and when ? being in Tyldesley Lancs is handy for me.
I have Googled " Club Lotus " which does appear in listings but on clicking any of the links for sections shows page not available.
Cheers Clive
weddingcarclive
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Sun May 31, 2015 8:59 am

weddingcarclive wrote:Where are the north west or Gtr Manchester area get together's held ??

Well this is the Cheshire Branches page with meet details https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/che ... group/info
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Sun May 31, 2015 9:24 am

Hi Clive,
Well, since you have asked it is not in Standish, but that is the nearest town.
Meetings are held at :-
White Crow Hotel
Chorley Rd
Worthington
WN1 2XL
01257 474344
It is on the A5106 Chorley to Wigan road.
We meet at 12.oo noon onwards on the first Saturday of the month, which of course is next Saturday 6th June.
I am sure you will be made welcome whether you are a member of CL or not.
I usually get there about 1.00.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC (which won't be going if it rains)
Last edited by ericbushby on Sun May 31, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: weddingcarclive » Sun May 31, 2015 9:34 am

Cheers Thanks to both Eric Chris will keep these dates in mind unfortunately I working weekends at the moment but will attend both venues as soon as I can, thank you both for the info and hope to meet you both soon
Clive
weddingcarclive
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Europatc » Sun May 31, 2015 11:52 am

Any more Pics Les
thanks
Stuart
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:10 pm

CLOG, the Cheshire Lotus Owners Group meets at 13:30 on the first Sunday of the month at the Whipping Stocks pub on the A50 between Knutsford and Holmes Chapel. We are not into Vicars and Tarts evenings or week-end jazz festivals, we're just a bunch of folks who go to the pub and have an interest in the Ron Hickman cars.

No subscription, just turn up.
Last edited by elansprint71 on Sun May 31, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanman99 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:27 pm

elansprint71 wrote:CLOG, the Cheshire Lotus Owners Group meets at 13:30 on the first Sunday of the month at the Whipping Stocks pub on the A50 between Knutsford and Sandbach. We are not into Vicars and Tarts evenings or week-end jazz festivals, we're just a bunch of folks who go to the pub and have an interest in the Ron Hickman cars.

No subscription, just turn up.

To save anyone getting lost on route to the Whipping Stocks change 'Sandbach' above to 'Holmes Chapel'

Ian
68 Elan S4 DHC. Built in a weekend from a kit (just like the advert said)
Elanman99
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Elseezed » Sun May 31, 2015 8:18 pm

As requested Stuart, more Lotus +2 photo's.

Les.
Attachments
Tatton May 2015 103.JPG and
Tatton May 2015
Tatton May 2015 091.JPG and
Tatton May 2015
Tatton May 2015 089.JPG and
Tatton May 2015
Tatton May 2015 084.JPG and
Tatton May 2015
Elseezed
Second Gear