Lotus Owners Gathering in Colorado

PostPost by: Harvey » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:36 am

Ross: My wife gave me a copy of your book for Christmas last year and I have enjoyed it immensely. I even plugged it on BaT a few months back. It provided the inspiration to follow your Hwy 50 path eastward from Jackson, CA to the LOG, although my wife and I will be traveling in relative comfort in the Elise in contrast to your Seven. I was figuring out the gas stops this morning and, as you say, my plan is to gas up in Fallon and then in Eureka before stopping for the first night in Ely. If you'll autograph your book for me I'd be pleased to have another copy. See you soon!

Lotuslee
Jackson, CA
Harvey
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:12 pm

Giving this thread a bump. Fun little animated welcome video posted on the web page...

http://www.log35.com/

Sooo, who is going? Are we going to have a nice representation of Elans?

I am taking my Esprit V8. Fluids all changed, and going for my Track Day tech inspection next week.

Haven't connected with anyone going from the North West yet. Really looking forward to a blast through Idaho. Lynn is flying Calgary - Denver; Ross was very helpful with local suggestions. Tuesday I may take a more leisurely route back home through Cali and Oregon. Not sure if the Golden Gate guys are staying for the Monday Track Day.

This is going to be a great event, and the round trip should be epic!

Stu
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Well Folks, we're just over a week away and everything is falling into place. We have had a few wrinkles that have hopefully been smoothed and now we are ready to welcome you all to Colorado Springs. I would love to meet anyone from this forum that I haven't yet met so I can put a face with a name.

Lee, come find me for your personally autographed volume of the best seller "Road Trip" in case I forget.

Stu, make sure to regale the entire bar with your stories of travels to LOG's and enjoy a special green and yellow margarita called a LOCO being made just for LOG 35.

If anyone else on this forum is coming, let us know so we can welcome you properly.

And Safe Travels to All :D
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:49 pm

I'll be there, Ross. Looking forward to it!
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:49 pm

We look forward to seeing you and Frank too, Greg :D
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:07 pm

Trailering the +2 arriving Friday night up through Raton but going to make pikes Peak before heading back Sunday, looking forward to it and catching up with my sister from Littleton near your neck of the woods. Gordon Sauer
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Hey Ross, what kind of weather should we be expecting? Especially on top of Pike's Peak?
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Greg, et al;
The key to Colorado is layers! It will be warm during the day, probably in the mid 80's, but feel hotter than that in the sun (especially sitting at a never ending red light in a top down car!) and cooler that that in the shade due to our low humidity. In the evenings it may get into the 50's but certainly will be in the 60's which requires a light jacket or fleece. We may also get an afternoon thunderstorm that will cool things down and leave us with a beautiful sunset and a delightful evening. As for Pikes Peak, here is the excerpt from the website:http://www.lotusownersgathering.com/PikesPeak.html

"Now, here is some important information for those coming from near sea level elevation. At the summit, the partial pressure of oxygen is only about 60% of that at sea level, so a faster rate of respiration is required by those not regularly used to high altitudes. Those familiar with altitude training know that prolonged exposure to the reduced pressures of high altitudes will produce more red blood cells to offset the lower oxygen availability. For the unacclimated, though, altitude sickness may develop in those who are sensitive or who over-exert themselves. Don?t over exert and drink plenty of water. Not beer, not coffee or colas, just water!

Conditions at the top are typical of a high alpine environment. Snow is a possibility any time year-round, and thunderstorms are common in the summer. Typical August temperatures range from 35-55 degrees at the summit, so bring at least a warm jacket or fleece. The weather can change rapidly on the mountain. What starts out as a sunny 55 degree day can turn to a dusting of snow within an hour. There are those who say the mountain makes its own weather, and while it may or may not be true, the weather on top certainly is unpredictable. Be prepared."

Having said all that, I live here because of the climate and find it most tolerable all year round :D I think you will too!
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: DeanG » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:40 pm

Looking forward to seeing everyone. We will be in a 1991 Elan. I hope to get back to resorting the S3 after we get back.

Anyway, wear sunscreen and a hat. Lots of sun that high up. Last Colorado LOG had a sunscreen manufacturer as a sponsor. It was good stuff. The only bramd my wife can use with it irritating her skin.
DeanG
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Wanted to offer up a schedule to some local people that are meeting me at the show, and it looks like that except for the photo, all of Saturday is in the Marriott parking lot. I thought there was some wine thing at lunch at the trading post in Garden of the gods. is the schedule on the log 35 site current. The parking lot sounds pretty uninviting. Gordon Saier
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: mr.vman » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:20 am

There are "tech" sessions scheduled for Saturday and........Steve Gram, Gary Boudreaux and myself have lined up a varied group of presenters, for "tech" sessions. Both early and late cars will be represented with speakers. Take a look at the LOG website for information on the "tech" sessions. My car is in the trailer as of today. Any one driving their early cars to LOG? Looking forward to the entire event. I know not the right site, but, are there any Seven S4s showing up? I have one in pieces against my better judgment.
Steve V. In Arizona
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:18 pm

The parking lot sounds pretty uninviting. Gordon Saier

Gordon et al,
Let me put your mind at ease. The parking lot is : a) Tree shaded and has grassy and shrub divisions, b) adjacent to the pavilion tent where lunch will be served to all entrants, c) divided into groups of like cars so you can meet fellow Elan owners easily or go with them to the pavilion and get a beer and burger, and d) easily accessible to the hotel with all its amenities including Steve's aforementioned tech sessions.

We think it will be quite inviting and I am sure our attendees will let us know if we're right :D
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Yes the schedule is correct. Oh, and if you want to go to the Garden of the Gods Trading Post for a "wine thing" you may certainly do that. Nobody will be guarding the departure of anyone's car.

Or if you would like to go to the Broadmoor for "High Tea" or to the Pikes Peak Hillclimb Museum or to Seven Falls or the Cliff Dwellings or to any of the hundreds of activities we will have for you in the brochures and suggestions in your entry bag that abound in Colorado Springs, please feel free to do so. We want you to have fun not be held captive to the event. :roll:
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Any reports or pictures of the event? Unfortunately could not attend...
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:26 pm

Pikes Peak run was great with beautiful weather, picture of collection at the top and waiting to go through the gates at the bottom. Gordon Sauer
Attachments
image.jpg and
image.jpg and
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: