Lotus Elan

MotorSport Archives

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:40 pm

MotorSport magazine are to be congratulated for digitising their entire back catalogue of monthly editions from 1924 to 2013.

The search facility allows you to access a wealth of stories, articles, adverts, road tests, competition results based around your favourite marque, person, business or whatever.

I have just spent a wonderful afternoon wasting glorious time on there, reading letters of complaint about the awful quality of Lotus road cars in the 1960s, balanced by as many letters of ecstasy about the ride and handling qualities of Elans. I recommend you sit down and lose yourself for a few hours too!

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/search/elan

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Europatc » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:06 am

Thank you Tim I used to get this regularly when I was a lad but more recently I think they have lost the plot
all the best
Stuart
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:13 pm

Tim,

I have to agree, Motorsport is my magazine now that I subscribe to. My own thought's are that they have got it just right.
For me there is nothing else like it out there.
As for the archive, well it is simply superb to just jump in anywhere you fancy.

At Race Retro they were taking numerous new subscribers and I was told that being independantly owned they can change the format almost at will. Also they do listen to what people have to say about the content of the magazine.

Doug.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Famous Frank » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:18 am

Thank you, this is great! Now all I have to do is not sign up to bid on any of those F1 parts.

Frank
Famous Frank

66 Elan S2 SE
65 Elan S2
66 Elan 26R
69 S2 Europa
06 Elise
67 Barracuda
Famous Frank
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: