Painting, Drawing or Sketch From a Photo.

PostPost by: AlfaLofa » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Alan - what version of photoshop did you use to create your image ?
Steve
'64 S1 Elan (Owned since '73)
'69 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce (Owned since '77)
'70 Morris Minor 1000 (Owned since '85)
AlfaLofa
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:42 pm

AlfaLofa wrote:Alan - what version of photoshop did you use to create your image ?

Photoshop CS5 I think..... I haven't updated it for some time, I got a bundle deal last time I changed my office computer in 2012. I have to manipulate photos quite a bit and sometimes grab images off the web from my suppliers catalogues to include in personalised brochures and emails to customers.

I'm using my tablet at the moment, so can't check until I go back to work next week. There are quite a few free photo manipulation programs that will do a good job, I think you can get earlier versions of Photoshop for free if you look hard enough.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/ ... ry-1135489
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: archigator » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:44 am

What Photoshop filter did you use?

Gary
'71 Sprint FHC
Miami, Florifa
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:47 pm

How much do you want to spend?

For a good quality painting by a professional artist I wouldn't expect to pay less than ?1000. For a drawing, or a quicker watercolour painting, maybe as low as ?300. Sure, there are hobbyists who will do it for less, but you need to keep in mind they are basically doing it at a loss as the time required for good work is high.

I'd stay away from Photoshop filters, especially if you are to frame the stuff on your wall.

I did a Spider-man commissions for someone a couple of years ago (I am a comic book artist), and painted a girl on my Elan in it. It was a lot of fun, but I don't have the time to do private commissions any more (and my prices are quite a bit higher than most automotive artists charge).

I have been thinking about doing something again with an Elan or two, or some other cars too, but I need some free time first.

Regards,
Adi
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: sprint4dm » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:26 am

Hi
I am a member of the Guild of Motoring Artists I am just updating my website at the moment but you can see some examples at http://opus39.wix.com/opus-painting-site if you are still interested or just want to know more about prices please contact me

Cheers Dave
Lotus Elan Sprint
sprint4dm
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: