Goodwod Revival 2015

PostPost by: pamitchell » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello;
I'm planning a family visit to the UK with the2015 Revival.
I'm leaning towards using a tour company for all the logistics of attending the Revival.
I'm grateful for any recommendations of tour package firms specializing in the Revival.
TIA
Phil
Phil
1968 S4/SE FHC 36-7936
pamitchell
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:37 pm

This will probably best be answered by someone outside of the UK who might've done a tour deal. Most of those kind of packages in the UK are geared towards corporate entertaining. Some car clubs organize packages for members as well.

May I ask where your family live in the UK? If it's close enough to Chichester, then you really don't need a tour package. The Revival is a very easy event to attend, all you need are the tickets and a place to stay. Parking is free. There are plenty of hotels in the surrounding towns and villages (we tend to stay in Bognor Regis, or Hayling Island). Goodwood have their own hotel too, but it's priced accordingly...

Great event, you'll love it!

Adi
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 65sunbeam » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:00 pm

I agree with Adi-no group tour needed. I live in the USA and made my first trip to Goodwood in 2012.
Incredible event. Ended up staying about 60 miles away as all hotels book up early and increase the rates too. Drove my rental car there early and stayed late on the Saturday. Next time I will go for the whole weekend and pay for a grandstand seat! Just go-I have never seen anything like it anywhere. Eric
65sunbeam
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: The Cyclist » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:30 am

Don't forget to dress up! This could be an important selling point to anyone accompanying you.

Geoff
The Cyclist
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Whatever you do, just do it!
Fantastic event.
Goodwood hotel is full of Lord March's mates, you won't get in. Chances are you will get accommodation miles away.
I go every year, arrive the Thursday afternoon, leave the Sunday pm. May I suggest the 'on site' campsite??? We've tented in the early years , more recently borrowed a caravan, but last year hired a motorhome which is set up already on site. Absolutely hassle free. Great atmosphere and quite acceptable even for the ladies!
PM me if interested in info but you'd need to book a powered site soon.
Would also suggest grandstand seats. Personally I like the GRRC stands at Chicane and Woodcote. I've done hospitality on one occasion and thought it was a waste of money.
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tonyr27 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Tickets went on sale for the Goodwood Revival last week.

We couldn't get four Woodcote grandstand tickets together when I ordered our tickets, on Friday evening.

Managed to get them on the startline but they were selling very quickl.

TonyR
1966 S3 FHC Medici Blue
tonyr27
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:01 pm

Adi- do you know the way to San Jose? :wink:

Damn, I'll be humming that tune all week now.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Bizarrely, I went to San Jose for the first time this year, and am going back next April. My wife and I are going to an event there and will rent a convertible and make our way down from San Francisco to Malibu via the PCH. I've done that drive before and loved it, but my wife hasn't, so it'll be great.
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:52 am

Aim to get there very early, that way you have a chance to look around before the masses arrive. By mid morning all the roads to Goodwood are jammed...
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tournesol » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:55 am

Hi Phil,

Up to 2 years ago I lived in West Sussex before moving back in London. My cottage was only a few miles away from Goodwood and attended many "Revivals". It's an amazing event even for non car fanatics. The whole atmosphere is extraordinary with most people dressing up, embracing the 50s and 60s. You will not get closer to racing classic car anywhere else and if you get there early enough you might have the chance to "bump" into an old racing icon. I once had a great chat with John Surtees who seemed to be lost in the alleys.

Definately aim to get there as early as you can to avoid the traffic jams caused on the day and I agree that you do not need to book on a tour but need to plan well ahead. I would recommend you start looking into it about now or very early in 2015.

Depending on what you want, there are a few Hotels I can recommend in the area, but also Pubs and B&Bs if you are after what I call the more "English Countryside Experience". There's quite a wide range of choices and will be more than happy to help and plan your trip if you wish. Just don't expect to be right by the circuit and I would say a car is essential.

I am planning to get some of my familly from France to come in 2015 with the Citroen Traction my dad owned and hopefully I will be with the +2. Would be great to meet you there!

If you feel I can be of any help don't hesitate to pm me.

Take care.

Tournesol
Tournesol
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Tournesol » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:08 am

That year I got there in my neighbour's 718RSK (replica) :D
(the jacket eventhough not quite in the era seemed appropriate at the time)
Attachments
Goodwood Revival 2010.jpg and
Tournesol
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jimj » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:55 am

A couple of things, well 3, a grandstand seat is well worth the small fortune if there are any left. You can`t get into the paddock unless wearing a tie or cravat, and the traffic getting OUT is even worse. One year getting out of just the car park became a little aggressive which was awful and quite spoilt the day.
Last time we went, 3 or 4 years ago, we did the "luxury" camping. It wasn`t any more luxurious than cheap grass but I`d recommend it. You walk or catch a tractor/trailer to the circuit and can stay on longer after the racing. The crowds thin and there`s loads still going on. It`s definitely a must-do event but be prepared for really big crowds. If you don`t dress up you`ll really wish you had.
Jim
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: