Castle Combe this Saturday 24th May

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:28 pm

The forecast for Saturday (5 days ahead so probably not too accurate) is unfortunately rain so I am guessing the turn out might not be as good as might be hoped.

I was planning on bringing some autojumble but I think I'm not so inclined to bring much as the weather it seems might not allow it. I may bring a set of 13 x4.5J wheels, and maybe a Tudor Washbag if there might be some interest (and perhaps some other bits if people specifically want it).

So maybe anyone interested could use this thread to post up anything they need or stuff they can bring with them on the day they want to sell?? If there's much interest by Friday night perhaps we should post contact numbers so even if its raining then a conversation/exchange can still take place.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Sundaydriver » Mon May 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Are wannabe lotus owners allowed to drop by, as last year ?
Sundaydriver
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Maulden7 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Anybody can attend to spectate, wander the paddock etc ..... no charge.

I will be there as usual, & hopefully the forecast will improve over the week ........ the tyres currently on the Elan are not good in the wet!

Dave M.
Maulden7
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Sundaydriver » Mon May 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Ah, thanks Dave M :-)
Sundaydriver
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Etienne 7 » Tue May 20, 2014 4:00 pm

I'll post here too as it seems the post that works (i didn't want to deviate from elanfan1's post and offers) :mrgreen:

Hi all,
I'll be there. Cycling from Bristol if sunny, or driving my boring-mobile if not.
Little Elan is in France for a few more weeks . Between 10 and 20 members of the French Lotus Club will come and visit!
Ciao!
Etienne
Etienne 7
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue May 20, 2014 4:08 pm

anyone passing through the peak district on the way down?......and fancy collecting a couple of bits to be dropped off at this meeting?

:mrgreen:
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: William2 » Tue May 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I don't suppose you have a headlamp dashboard vacuum switch in your autojumble parts??
William2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Thu May 22, 2014 8:36 am

I will be there spectating as I am bring my young son along to his first Lotus track day.
Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Maulden7 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:11 am

Current BBC weather forecast not brilliant ......... heavy rain showers on & off all day with sunny periods in between! However we've had such forecasts before & still had a good day, the track at CC does dry out very quickly, especially if there is some wind.

Ever the optimist!

Dave M.
Maulden7
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Thu May 22, 2014 11:30 am

Clive.
will you be in a lotus. Will be good to catch up again.

Paul
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Fri May 23, 2014 8:14 am

Hi Paul
I have to bring some parts up for a few people so I will be in the van.
Great to meet up. I have not seen the Plus 2 since the rebuild.
Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Maulden7 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Those who left early - the rain was certainly persistent & heavy until around 3pm - missed a good day ..... well on the track.

After that time the sun came out, a warming wind sprang up, & by 3.30pm the track was perfectly dry & with lots of grip ......... open until 5.00pm.

Prior to the drying out I had given up, with no grip at all - on my 2nd session just avoiding a big coming together with the hard barrier entering the 1st chicane - but after that I had three super sessions. One as a passenger in an Esprit Turbo, then two (one much faster than with the 16 stone driver / passenger of the Esprit Turbo) & one on my own.

It was super to re-meet some of the French members who I had met when at Montlhery in 2013 .... sorry about the weather folks.

Dave M.
Maulden7
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Waggie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:25 pm

Lovely day after the rain cleared, my first track day ever.
Does anyone have any photos of the day that they can post?
Waggie
New-tral

PostPost by: Maulden7 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:55 pm

"Waggie" - I was in the old red S2 Elan with the silver hard top (trying hard to entertain) did we chat at the end of the day?

By the end of the day the track was in excellent condition & a lot of fun.

Really enjoyed chasing that Europa T/C when I was on my own, & talking to the driver (as he was loading the car onto his covered trailer & I was putting everything back into my boot) that he had 30bhp more than me, plus was running 14in x 205 semi slick non road legal Yokos (I wish ....... I was on my usual 13in x 165 full road legal Falkens)

Once again the old Elan kept up with the much more modern Lotus traffic - Mr C & co clearly did a great design job back in the early 60's.

Dave M.
Maulden7
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Sundaydriver » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Dave M,

That, and maybe you are one accomplished driver !

Really enjoyed the day, and thanks for coffee and chat. When I can afford it
I'll be looking at an S1/S2 Elan methinks.

I can't remember, was it TTR work you had done ?

Dave C
Sundaydriver
First Gear
First Gear

Next

Total Online: