Pre-Purchase Inspection in Los Angeles Area

PostPost by: tr8bofin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 am

Greetings, I'm looking to purchase an Elan from an individual in Los Angeles area. Anyone have any recommendations on a shop that specializes in Elans/+2s that could carry out a pre-purchase inspection?
Orange county specifically, but anywhere in the greater Los Angeles area will probably work.

Alternatively, I'd also like to hear from a knowledgeable enthusiast that wouldn't mind sizing up the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance! Al
tr8bofin
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 am

Consider Tony Ingram just up the road from LA in Santa Barbara. His website www.lotus7.com
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: S2Jay » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi Al,

There are some other possible shops. JAE, who are also on this forum and are located in Goleta [also in the Santa Barbara area]. No idea if they have the time or interest in traveling to L.A. / O.C. for an inspection or if your seller would make the trip up there [maybe a 2 to 3 hour drive each way]. I have worked with them for parts and advice, and have no hesitation in recommending them very highly.

Closer to the O.C. in Cerritos is ?Lotus Prepared By Claudius?. They do have years of experience with Elans, although I believe that they have specialized more in Esprits in recent years.

I am no expert by any stretch, and I know there are others in this area with more knowledge, but if no one else is available, I am always glad to assist if I can. I am currently in the midst of a mechanical rebuild of my S2 Elan and not too far from the OC area. PM me if I can help.

Jay
just looking for clues at the scene....
S2Jay
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: EnfoKen » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Where at in LA? It's a big place.

I can perhaps help.
Let me know
Ken
http://thegaragista.com

Elan S2 26/4448