steering wheel cover happiness

PostPost by: RogerFrench » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:45 pm

Update - cover arrived and I wish I'd read the original post correctly - it's too big! I've just emailed him to ask about cutting it, I don't have an issue with that at I have access to an industrial heavy-duty sewing machine, but I want to be sure I cut to the right size.
RogerFrench
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: robertverhey » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:33 am

Hi I made sure to give him the dimensions, (diameter, circumference and grip circumference) and mine was spot-on. Photo of it half installed. Decided not to stitch it through the leather, followed the maker's YouTube instructions but used every stitch, not every second stitch as per video. It'll do.

If yours is too big I'd be inclined to send it back and have him modify it. Postage is cheap......
Attachments
image.jpg and
image.jpg and
robertverhey
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RogerFrench » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Great service - I emailed them my problem, they came straight back and said they'd send another one if I sent them dimensions of my wheel.
This I have done, I now wait expectantly.
RogerFrench
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Famous Frank » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Roger,

What is the name of the Steering Wheel Cover Company? Any company that gives service like that we should all hear about !!! I've been a dealer for Wheel Skins for many years and have also liked the service I've received from them.

Frank
Famous Frank

67 Elan Coupe
66 Elan S2 SE
65 Elan S2
65 Elan 26R
69 S2 Europa
06 Elise
67 Barracuda
Famous Frank
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RogerFrench » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:06 am

Famous Frank wrote:Roger,

What is the name of the Steering Wheel Cover Company? Any company that gives service like that we should all hear about !!! I've been a dealer for Wheel Skins for many years and have also liked the service I've received from them.

Frank

Mr Steering
RogerFrench
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 am

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: