Offside/Nearside/Passenger side

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:35 pm

AHM wrote:
GrUmPyBoDgEr wrote:That really is a load of bollox

May I suggest that you try to get out more.

"Pot-----------------Kettle" :mrgreen:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jimj » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:01 pm

AHM, I thought your response was perfectly reasonable, and let`s not have unworthy comments please, again.
Jim
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:14 pm

jimj wrote:AHM, I thought your response was perfectly reasonable, and let`s not have unworthy comments please, again.
Jim

Who's asking you? :lol:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Grumpy old chap (insert punctuation where you will)

I've noticed on this forum, and the whole wide world, that there is some confusion over fuel octane rating. It seems that the motor trade have royally cocked it up with RON, MON, and R+M/2.

I can't fill my car up if I'm sat in the drivers seat, so that doesn't help. What do you suggest?

can we adopt the nomenclature of "the cheap stuff" and "the expensive stuff"? Since that is the reason for purchase; and the number is academic. Besides it is all a con since they started adding ethanol.

Let me know what you think
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Thank you Jim - I do try to be reasonable. I also love a little banter (is that a very small chicken?) so it was taken in good humour.
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:25 am

AHM wrote:Grumpy old chap (insert punctuation where you will)

I've noticed on this forum, and the whole wide world, that there is some confusion over fuel octane rating. It seems that the motor trade have royally cocked it up with RON, MON, and R+M/2.

I can't fill my car up if I'm sat in the drivers seat, so that doesn't help. What do you suggest?

can we adopt the nomenclature of "the cheap stuff" and "the expensive stuff"? Since that is the reason for purchase; and the number is academic. Besides it is all a con since they started adding ethanol.

Let me know what you think

I think that the subject may be worthy of a thread of its own so no need for thread drift on the original subject of left or right.
I know nothing of fuel octane rating so you can be assured that I won't be posting on that thread.
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RogerFrench » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Steve G wrote:Wasn't the nearside of a horse named that way as you didn't want to be mounting it in the road though?

No. It's the side nearest you when you mount. The left side.

There's a whole lot of documentation on the web about mounting horses, you can read all about it.
RogerFrench
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:26 pm

RogerFrench wrote:
Steve G wrote:Wasn't the nearside of a horse named that way as you didn't want to be mounting it in the road though?

No. It's the side nearest you when you mount. The left side.

what happens if the horse decides to turn round before you've got on it??.....then the near side would be the offside

before you know it, it'll be turning into a football (soccer) discussion...... :mrgreen:
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:42 pm

RogerFrench wrote:There's a whole lot of documentation on the web about mounting horses, you can read all about it.

Yes, but it is the internet... I'd be scared to do a search om "mounting horses"!!! :oops:
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:20 pm

pharriso wrote:
RogerFrench wrote:There's a whole lot of documentation on the web about mounting horses, you can read all about it.

Yes, but it is the internet... I'd be scared to do a search om "mounting horses"!!! :oops:

I agree....and certainly not on the works PC/laptop.... :lol:
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: lightwait26 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:54 pm

There certainly are some folks with too much time on their hands.
art
lightwait26
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:01 pm

lightwait26 wrote:There certainly are some folks with too much time on their hands.

Well just listen to you going off there!
You'd better take it easy yourself with 20 posts already & only joined in 2009.
Best take it easy for a while! :lol:

Cheers
John

Excuse me but that just tickled my funny bone; no offence meant at all & I really do know where you're coming from. :oops:
You should post more often; a breath of fresh air. :)
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: