FYI..Christopher Neils (Northwich) no Lotus Cars

PostPost by: theelanman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:45 am

Further to recent developments Chris Neil (Northwich) will no longer sell Lotus cars
Last Sunday (22nd) there was a fatal accident involving an Elise and a BMW on the M56.......

Received from Chris Neils

<<<<<<Firstly thank you for your messages of condolence and support.

Ben was a very valued member of our team and a close friend to many of us. At the moment, things are very difficult for us as we come to terms with our loss and try to continue as best we can.

We have taken the decision to cease selling Lotus cars as a mark of respect and due to the wishes of family and staff members. This decision is not one we have reached lightly, but I would ask that you try and understand and accept our decision and would ask for your support at this difficult time.

We will continue to offer Lotus servicing, bodywork and parts as before and hope to be able to continue to look after all existing and future aftersales customers. All existing warranties will clearly be honoured and we hope to be able to keep looking after your cars.

We do not know the exact cause of the accident and I would ask please that we avoid any speculation in relation to it.

Please stay safe, drive carefully and continue to enjoy your cars.

Thank you so much for all your support.

Yours sincerely,

Jonathan Jarratt
Oakmere Motor Group (incorporating Christopher Neil)>>>>>>>>>>>>>
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: reb53 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:50 am

I've been keeping a weather eye on this post but everyone seems to be staying a million miles away from it.

Anyone care to elaborate a little, in a respectful manner of course.

Or put up a link that does ?

Ralph.
reb53
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: UAB807F » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:39 am

Hi Ralph,

I can see why you ask as it might seem a strange decision on their part and as you say, it does seem to have dropped away without any comment or explanation.

I understand that the guy killed, Ben, was Neil Shepherdson?s son and of course Neil is the "Neil" in Christopher Neil.

I don't know the rights and wrongs of the accident, only that Ben was driving a Lotus at the time.

My thoughts are that in such a tragic case it doesn't really make that much difference who was right or wrong because it won't bring him back or make Neil feel any better. The accident was reported in the local papers and this link has been posted previously although it contains very little details and no names.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-driving-high-powered-lotus-sports-6025800

There has been some discussion/condolences on a more general lotus forum, which indicates that the news initially came out of Club Lotus;

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/60186-very-sad-news/

Brian

edit to add - If any of the above is incorrect just tell me & I'll delete/amend accordingly.
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Maulden7 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:02 am

See latest Club Lotus News, page 4 - contribution by Guy Monday (Stratton Motor Company)

"has resulted in them (CN) relinquishing the sales (Lotus) franchise with immediate effect."

Dave M.
Maulden7
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Maulden7 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:07 pm

As posted on Piston Heads yesterday :-

"Dear Forum Members,

Thank you for your continued support during a very difficult few months here at Christopher Neil.

As many of you will know, one of our dear friends and colleagues lost his life very recently in a tragic road traffic accident. We are all slowly coming to terms with the loss of Ben and have been humbled by the many messages of support from Lotus customers, enthusiasts and forum members.

In relation to the accident itself and to quash any speculation, it was unfortunately just a combination of weather, road conditions and the point of impact conspiring together to lead to such a tragic outcome. There is no suggestion that the vehicle was at fault in anyway. I do not feel there is any need for me to comment any further in relation to this other than to say that we must all continue to be aware of the risks we undertake everytime we enter onto our roads.

As rumours abound, I wanted to put on record that we have stopped selling Lotus vehicles for one reason only. It is quite simply too painful for us to continue to sell the cars out of respect for Ben's family and fellow staff. Needless to say, it is not a decision we have taken lightly beaing in mind our heritage with the brand.

We will continue to operate as a Lotus Authorised Service/Parts Centre and Lotus Approved Bodyshop with over 30 years experience of servicing and repairing Lotus cars. We have a vast wealth of experience and our long established team will be happy to maintain your cars to the highest standard.

We remain an official Morgan Dealership and Volkswagen Approved Service Centre and will continue to sell other sports and prestige vehicles as before.

Once again, my team are very grateful for your understanding and support during this darkest of periods and hope we can continue to care for your vehicles in the future.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Jarratt
Head of Business
Oakmere Motor Group (incorporating Christopher Neil Ltd)"

Dave M.
Maulden7
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: